The breath to a new beginning

The more you thought of these things, the more it hurt. You had known this forever, but you were too stubborn to accept it and foolish enough to chase something not meant for you.

But now, atleast now, realization hit you.

It's better to accept the bitter Truth straightaway than tasting the sweet fruit of false Hope only to find the rotten inside of it. The same bitter Truth would taste even worse to a mouth used to the sweet.

You have to put these feelings aside Y/N. You have to start again. You have to give your friendship a strong foundation; with it's roots deep enough to pierce your heart and suppress these feelings.

It may hurt, but you have to. You have to stand up and put down whatever mistakes you've made. You have to be strong enough.

"Y/N look, I did not mean to hurt you", said Jimin while carefully observing your facial expressions, trying to make out what's going on inside your head.

His voice brought you back to reality. You faced him, trying your best to hide your thoughts.

"You did not hurt me Jimin", you began, "It's alright. It's me who should be apologizing here. I'm... sorry Jiminie, for what happened back in the living room. It's not what it appeared like-"

"Y/N I never said that", Jimin said, fear and regret fighting for dominance in his voice.

"Jimin please, let me explain..."

"Y/N!! Are you okay?!", came another worried voice, with it's owner hurriedly making his way to you two.

"Hoseok!! Come back here!! I told you not to move!!", came yet another voice, annoyed at Hoseok's audacity to disobey his hyung.

"Y/N!! Oh, please don't cry!! We're really sorry!", Hoseok said ignoring the annoyed tall-figure at the doorstep. He was now almost standing between you and Jimin.

"Hyung, let me handle this", said Jimin, still fighting the distress in his voice.

"No I won't! We've been waiting for so long! And you're standing here just watching Y/N cry! Dork!"

"Hey I'm not-"

"Yes you are!!"

"Atleast listen to m-"

"No I won't!!"

"But-"

"HOSEOK!!!!!!!", you finally screamed out to stop the pointless argument.

The atmosphere changed suddenly, every eye gazing at the horrific Y/N, still having tears in her eyes.

"Uh... I-im sorry...for b-being that loud", you said shyly, digging the floor beneath with your sharp gaze.

"Ah, look at you! I'm really sorry Y/N I'm such a jerk to do that" Hoseok said like he was about to cry.

Surprised by an apology instead of anger, you looked up at him with wide eyes. But before your eye cells could produce a distinct image, you felt a tall body almost jumping on your comparatively tiny one, hugging you like a koala.

Despite the fact that is was way too tight, it had the warmth and care you needed at the moment. You felt as if your pain was being soaked away.

"Ho-Hoseok I c-can't br-breathe", you struggled to speak out with the little air still left in your lungs.

"Wha- Ohh! I'm so sorry!", Hoseok said releasing you from his grasp, gifting you with some air.

The air felt really nice. Fetching back your breath for you, it seemed to give you a new life, a new start. With the choking sensation you've been going through all this time, the air of understanding and realization brought comfort to you. Thanks to the hug, it was now an opportunity to bring everything back together.

_________________________________

A/N: A better atmosphere now hehe. The sky is clear, no heavy clouds. The following chapters aren't gonna be the sad ones.

Well, atleast a 'few' following chapters. Beyond that there'll be some twists which, ofc, I won't reveal RN 😂😂.

Thankyou for reading! Love love loveeeee~~~~~