The Message

JIMIN'S  P.O.V.

It was getting harder every moment. It's been two days already and it's beyond obvious that I have read her message, and that I'm not replying on purpose.

I need to share this with someone, I need some advice before it's too late.

But who can I talk to?

"Jimin!? Are you there??", I heard a deep voice calling out for me.

"There you are! Why weren't you answering me huh?"

"Tae..."

"Yeah? What happened to you?"

"I-... Can we talk?"

"About what? Oh!! Wait!! Is this the thing which was bothering you two days ago?"

"Uh...it is."

"Man you don't need to ask me of course we can talk! Just wait I'll be back in two minutes. I was calling you for lunch but I'll bring ours in your room only."

"Okay..."

_______________Time Skip____________

"Hmm", he said as he took a good big bite of his kimchi.

Silence followed for the next two minutes, the sound of us chewing our food being the only disturbance.

"Can you show me that message?"

I was hesitant at first, but then I gave in. What other choice had I? I needed him to know everything.

I took out my phone and typed the lockscreen password, making sure Tae couldn't see it. I opened up the message received two days ago and passed him the phone without looking at him.

TAEHYUNG'S  P.O.V.

He gave me the phone and I saw a lengthy message which was sent from Y/N. At first I felt bad about reading a message not meant for me, but then, I had to do it for Jimin. It's not that I don't respect their privacy, but I cannot let their friendship be ruined when there's actually a way I can help.

I let out a small sigh and brought in a tint of confidence, as my eyeballs read out Y/N's message to my brain.

"Jimin... I have something to tell you. Please don't misunderstand me for this and please read this message till the very end.

It's been only a few days we met; only a few days an ARMY became a friend. It's been beautiful, meeting each one of you. Y'all have always meant the world to me, been my inspiration. And now that I know you all on a personal level too, trust me that respect and admiration has only reached higher levels.

However, there's this another aspect too.
You've been my bias and that's not unknown to you. You know this Jimin, despite all the respect and admiration, ARMIES are also attracted towards you all.

I'm NOT saying that's how I look up to you! You're a very special friend to me and I don't have any wrong intentions. But, it's difficult for me to say that those feelings don't exist, either. They HAVE since the very beginning, and covering them up all of a sudden is not an easy thing to do.

That's where the problem starts. I'm not able to hide them completely, no matter how hard I try. I'm trying to cover up the truth because I'm afraid it will hurt you! But in doing that, I'm hiding myself.

I'm not able to be the Y/N I am. I'm hiding my identity from you. At times when I feel completely defeated, I lose my mind and react in a harsh way. I know that hurts you! But it hurts me too! I don't want to be like that, I want you to know the real me; the me without a mask.

But I'm afraid, that if I show you the real me, you'll walk away. You'll feel disgusted and hurt, and won't EVER look up to me again.

But I cannot do that anymore. Maybe I'll be able to hide myself from you, but then there's bound to be a day when the mask will fall off. What then? You'll be hurt, and you'll be gone.

So if I'm going to lose you either way, why lie to you and hurt you in the end? Wouldn't it be better if I tell you the truth, and take a step back myself if you want me to?

I'm sending this message with all the confidence I could muster. Please don't misunderstand me. I just wanted you to know the truth. Please, give me some time. I need to get over these feelings in reality, so I wouldn't need to fake anything; so I'd be able to show you the real me and continue this friendship with a strong base.

Please don't be hurt. I swear I don't intend at anything wrong. I know you and me are NOT meant to be the way I want. It's a privilege being a friend too! All I need is, some time...

Will you give it to me?"

___________________________________

A/N: Sorry if that was trash😣