The Palace of Shining Happiness

"Y-yoongi?", the name escaped my lips without my consent; for here I had a hand gripping mine firmly, a body hovering above mine, close enough to rattle my Breath, and a pair of eyeballs gazing at mine as if they could read every emotion, every thought that even my own mind wouldn't.

A face almost covered, an identity almost hidden, yet a mute voice seemed to tell me who he was.

"What are you doing here?", was what I actually heard. And it was enough to tell me if I was right.

"It should be me asking you that. I'm here just roaming around with my friends."

"Oh...", the curiosity in his tone seemed to be fading just like the word.

"What oh? Tell me what are you doing here? What if someone notices who you are?"

"Did you?"

"I didn't see you!"

"Didn't you?", sarcasm overpowered his voice.

"Wait...So you mean to say-"

"Yes, I was right in front of you and you didn't catch me. My face is hidden, so someone requires an eye contact to recognize me. I'm not a fool to give that opportunity to anyone."

"Oh...", I copied him unknowingly.

"But you didn't tell me why you came here in the first place! Your concerts are near right? What about practice?"

"Okay okay calm down I'll tell you everything first let's just go somewhere private we're actually in the middle of so many people."

"Kay... I'll text my friends and tell them about it. AND I'll them not to hype up.", I added the moment I noticed a worried expression in his eyes.

____________TIME SKIP_____________

"So?", I said when I felt we were too far for someone to hear our conversation, or eavesdrop (you gotta think like that when you're with an idol 🙄)

"Do you know what this place is called, Y/N?", he said changing the atmosphere without an effort. His voice was calm and relaxed, as if curiosity and excitement had never touched it's hem.

After settling myself with this new atmosphere as fast as a snail, hesitation was what I had to fight. I mean, isn't it awkward being in a place and not even knowing what it's called?

"Uhm...", I tried to say the truth with a pout.

"Aish this kid. You're an idiot."

"Yah-!!"

"This place is called Gyeongbokgung Palace", he continued as if he never called me an idiot. This boy has gained a mastery in changing subjects.

"Do you know what that means? It translates to 'The Palace of Shining Happiness'. I don't know much about it's history, I was never too strong in academics."

"I come here a lot, to be honest. This place always gives me peace and relief when I need it the most. I used to come here when I was a kid. A kid not good at school, but interested in making lame rhymes. I came here when I couldn't achieve good grades and was told to give up my foolish dream of becoming an idol."

"That wasn't very often though. Life isn't that tough when we're kids, is it? The real pain I received was when I was a mere struggler. When I sold my music for getting nothing in return. When I had to choose between a meal and a bus ticket."

"It was then, when I started coming here almost on a regular basis. My house was nearby."

"So...yeah. This place means a lot to me. I said I don't know much about it's history, but I know about mine. And my history is incomplete without this place. Even now, whenever I feel lonely, curios, lost, sad, or anxious, or whenever life is tough and I have some unanswered questions, I come here to find peace and relaxation, the answers, and many-a-times, myself."