The Surprise

The Real Deal

Chapter 2: The Surprise

As days passed by, I noticed that Ashton is happy. I don't know why but he is as happy as he is when he is in a relationship with Kacey. I am starting to think that Ashton has finally found a new girlfriend. And if this is true. Oh no! Kacey's heart will be torn to pieces, again.

We were having our Physical Education class when Ms. Carter announced something,

"Class, grab your partners. Our next exercise will require a partner. Okay! 5 minutes!" she ordered us. I turned my back to find Kacey, smiling at me.

Of course I went to Kacey. She is my only friend here.

"Hey! Who do you think is the partner of Ashton?" Kacey whispered to me while I gave her a suspicious look.

"I don't know. But if you'd like to now I'll investigate who is his partner." I said to her while we sit, getting ready for the exercise.

Surprisingly, Ashton sat beside us. Now this is pretty awkward.

We were both glancing to him to figure out who will be his partner.

And a girl sat in front of him...

IT WAS ELLA! ELLA SHEY!

Kacey narrowed her eyes at me, "Is that? Is that the #1 fan of Ashton? Ella?" she asked me, looking confused.

"Yeah. That's her. Maybe she and Ashton hangout together. Maybe they're friends now!" I explained to her.

"OKAY, CLASS. START PARTNER SQUATS! 50 TIMES! GO!" Ms. Carter shouted to us like a lion.

The whole class started squating with their partners. Most of us are scared of Ms. Carter because once she sees you not exercising, detention.

Kacey and I started exercising followed by Ashton and Ella.

After 30 squats, Kacey and I are already tired.

"Maybe we need some break."

Besides, Ms. Carter went away. Maybe she forgot something. Of course, old teachers have forgetful minds.

"Hey. Look at Ashton and Ella, they're very sweet!" I told her as she checked them.

Kacey looked at them.

Ashton and Ella looks very sweet. They are laughing, wiping each other's sweat and exercising tirelessly. They look like they are together now.

"Are they together, best?" I asked Kacey while she continue to stare at them.

Kacey suddenly stood up, looking angry.

"ASHTON, IS SHE YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND?!' Kacey asked Ashton while looking furious as ever.

"Yes. She is." Ashton quickly answered.

"WATDA?! WE BROKE-UP RECENTLY AND HERE YOU ARE, FLIRTING WITH YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND? IS THAT REALLY HOW FAST YOU MOVE-ON?"

I tried to stop Kacey but it was no use. I can't blame her. Seeing your ex- boyfriend with another girl while youre just starting to move-on is really painful.

The whole class is starting to listen to them. A growing number od gossips circulated the gym as everyone shared their opinions on what is happening.

"KACEY! WE ARE DONE! FINISHED! SO GO AWAY NOW AND FIND YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND!? MAYBE NOT. YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY BOYFRIEND AT ALL. BUT IF YOU FOUND ONE, IM SURE THAT WE HAVE THE SAME INTENTION, TO PLAY ON YOU!" Ashton laughed like a maniac.

Kacey became emotional and walked away. I need to go with her. But I faced Ashton first.

"Hey! You are lucky that my fist won't land on your face today! But if you hurt my bestfriend again, BE READY!" I warned him.

Ashton just laughed. Ella tried to stop him.

I followed Kacey. She went in the abandoned room again. She's crying.

I went at her and comforted her, "Don't cry."

"Yes. I'll try not to." she said as she wiped her tears.

"Don't worry. Everything will be okay." I patted her back in circular patterns.

"What really hurts the most, is what he said, that I will never have a boyfriend anymore," she paused and stared into my eyes, "is that what he really thinks?"

I hugged her and rested my chin on top of her head. She is in pain right now, and the best thing to do is to be beside her no matter what.