SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
Busy Day

          MAE AND NEWT squeezed through the dancing bodies of intoxicated teenagers in order to find Thomas and Brenda. Cheers and hollers filled the girl's ears and she rolled her eyes. The world was literally falling apart around them and these kids were partying.

After seeing Thomas and Brenda take a drink and walk into a building filled with kids, Jorge had recognised Marcus as the one who forced them to drink the green liquid and enter the party. While Jorge and the others dealt with the man, it was up to Teresa, Mae and Newt to find Thomas and Brenda.

The brunette turned to Newt to see him saying something as his left hand pointed behind him and his right pointed in her direction. But due to the loud music and yells, Mae couldn't hear him. Her eyebrows pinched together before she spoke. "Maybe we should split up and look for them!"

Newt cracked a small smile in amusement. "Good plan!"

Mae looked at him in confusion, wondering what was so funny, but before she could ask, he had already turned away and disappeared into a sea of dancing strangers. The girl shrugged before walking through the crowd of energetic teens. Her head snapped in different directions, the clothing these people wore were weird. The colours were bright and eccentric and Mae could swear she saw a guy wearing a dog collar.

There were adults scattered around the place, smoking, drinking and watching as others danced with such fluidity and not a care in the world. Mae's eyes flickered around, not being able to find Thomas or Brenda, but instead just saw people too drugged and dazed to even know what they were doing or where they were.

"Here! You look a lil parched." An upbeat voice slurred beside her. Mae turned her head to see a blonde girl, her hair in a ponytail, holding a plastic cup filled with green liquid. She was strangely close to Mae's face and the girl took a step back.

Mae merely looked down at the drink before looking back to the girl, her mouth twisted into a sick grin and her eyes filled with insanity. Mae merely pushed the cup away from her and shook her head. "No, thanks! I'm good!"

The blonde lifted her hand up to Mae's hair and she automatically backed away and the stranger laughed. "Aw, come on. Just a lil sip." Her voice was low and hoarse.

The brunette swallowed before taking the cup cautiously out of the blonde's hand. She smiled and cheered. Mae waited for the stranger to walk away before she harshly dropped the cup to the ground, the green liquid coating the grey floor.

A weird scent then filled her nose and Mae began to fill dizzy, the world spinning around her. The girl swallowed and began to push harshly through grinding teenagers. A sudden flash of red hair caught her eye and the girl stepped back. "Frankie?" The girl didn't turn to look at Mae, let alone respond. "Frankie, wait!"

Mae instantly began to run to what she thought was her friend, but as soon as she turned the girl around she was met with an unfamiliar and annoyed face. The brunette stepped back, muttering a small apology before sharply turning away, only to see familiar, knotted blonde hair tied in a side plait. "Sonya?"

She shook her head and brought her hand up to her head and slapped her forehead numerous times. "Snap out of it, Mae! She's dead. Frankie's dead. They all are."

Mae continued to walk through the party, beginning to get frustrated. She was hallucinating and she hated it. The girl walked to the corner of the room and stood with her back against the wall, taking huge breaths. Luckily, she was able to snap out of whatever she was going through enough to continue looking for her friend and Brenda.