Thirteen

"You kissed him?" Louis asked in disbelief.

"Well... Yeah." My thoughts drifted to his touch, the way he pushed me closer to him, the way his lips felt when they were connected to mine. I couldn't help but think of his soft, curly hair, and how good he looked in skinny jeans and T-shirts. I could almost feel his fingers brush against my face, leaving a tingling sensation I had never felt before.

"B... Earth to Bella!" I found myself leaned up against some girl's locker, and Louis's hand was waving in my face.

"Wha..." I saw the girl staring at me with a weird look on her face, before she glared at me. "Sorry..." I moved out of her way and walked with Lou again.

"Daydreaming?" He asked in a mocking tone.

"Shut up."

As we walked to lunch, I heard Marcel's name mentioned in a group of kids' conversation.

"Have you seen what he's wearing?" One girl asked. I stopped and cocked my head to the side to listen in.

"Yeah, it's like he's trying to be Edward." Another commented.

"He probably wants attention; the geek." A girl with strawberry-blonde hair added.

One guy was about to comment on his appearance as well, but I shoved my way into their group, finding myself awkwardly in the middle with Louis intently watching me.

"What gives you the right to talk about him like that?" I narrowed my eyes, "he is no less of a person than any of you! Put yourselves in his place for once and stop being such ignorant bastards! You're in high school- grow up."

"Damn..." One guy muttered, and I shot him a glare.

Louis was staring at me with wide eyes, but a slight smirk was there.

"What just happened?" Violette asked, rushing over to the corner where we were standing.

"Just idiots being idiots as usual," I answered.

"So can we talk about more important things? Like how you were kissing Marcel? I didn't know that was par of the plan, and quite frankly, it looked like you enjoyed it."

"I'm tired of the plan. It was stupid. If Edward doesn't like me, so what?"

"I thought that was the whole point of this thing! To use him to get close to the actual good-looking brother!" She shouted, right in the middle of the cafeteria.

"Can you keep it down?" I asked in a lower voice.

"No!" She yelled back, when suddenly her expression dropped.

"W-what did you say?" I heard a timid voice ask from behind me.

I swear I could feel my heart beating as if it was about to rip out of my chest.

"She used you, Marcel."

I hopelessly looked from Violette to Louis, then Marc. His eyes were begging me to say something; to tell him that she was lying. They were full of hurt, and when I didn't answer, betrayal.

"Is it true?" He asked, tears in his eyes.

"Marcel, I-"

"Save it. I should've known you were too good to be true." He choked out, practically running out of the cafeteria.

Everyone was staring, and I wanted so badly to scream at Violette and blame it all on her. I ran after Marcel, but was pushed up against the wall as soon as I got into the hallway.