Chapter 33

Christine’s POV

I stood on the porch, watching as the van left the driveway, crying. Finally I made my way back inside. Angel was on the couch, curled up bawling on Valerie’s lap. Juliet and Ella were sitting at the table, looking solemn.

The sadness hung in the air. So thick you could cut it with a knife. I sniffled and Angel looked up at me. She stood and walked over to me, pulling me into a tight hug. “I miss Jinxx so much already.”

“I miss Ash too Angel. I didn’t think it would hurt this much.”

Juliet stood, “Something I can tell you two is that you will get used to it. It never gets easier but it never gets harder. How about we start on the plans for these houses. It’ll take your mind off things. Maybe later we could all go on a trail ride?”

I smiled, “yeah that sounds like a good idea. What better to get our minds off things? Let’s get to work.”

So that’s what we did to pass the time the boys were gone. We threw ourselves into our work. Laying out plans for what we were going to do with the houses. The girls getting into the fine details about what Andy, Jake and CC would like. I took on a few more clients at the shops, and my lesson girls got their asses whooped into shape. The late winter/early spring shows were coming up and I wanted them in the full circuits. Get them points and grades so they can look towards getting sponsorships, and you never know, maybe the Olympics.

I decided on giving Angel the official Management position at the barn. After she told me a while back that I needed to buzz off and let them do their jobs, I figured not only was it right, but the right timing. She lost herself in the barn chores and running the farmhands around, even though you could tell she was still hurting and heartbroken, missing Jinxx. She was in a much better mood having something constructive to do.

~time lapse 4 weeks~

I woke up around 6 to start my morning routine, I had a bike to finish at the shop before tomorrow. I was about to get into the shower when my phone rang. I looked at the screen, it was Ash.

Me: “Hey baby, how’s things.”

Ash: “They’re good. Have a late show tonight, so I figured I call you before. I knew you’d be up.”

Me; “Yeah I have a bike to finish before tomorrow, I’m almost done, it’s just making sure it runs right after putting it back together.”

Ash: “That’s good babe. Hey do you have a passport?”

Me: “yeah why?”

Ash: “I know you didn’t originally want to travel out here but I miss you something fierce. Please fly out. I’ll pay for it. And find out if Angel has a passport, Jinxx wants to fly her out too.”

Me: “I know Angel has a Passport, we were in a show in Canada. I don’t know if I could get away babe.”

Ash: “Please baby, I need to see you. It’s been so rough not having you around. I’m not sleeping good, I’m barely eating. I’d feel so much better. It would only be for a few days. Please.”

Me: “Ok, when were you thinking?”

Ash: “Couple days, it’s what…uh…Friday? So Monday you would fly out, Friday you would fly back. You’d get to see 2 of our shows and spend the rest of the time with us.”

Me: “okay. I’ll set things up here. Email me the info for the flights. I have to get to this bike baby. I love you. Can’t wait to see you.”

Ash: “I’ll be counting the minute’s baby. Love you too.”

I ran, yes, ran, full speed down to the barn. “Angel, where you at?”