Chapter 44

**smutt**

~time lapse 5 years

Christine’s POV

Ashley was at the store clothes shopping for Jades first school year. I wasn’t feeling good so I stayed home. I knew these feelings, so I rushed down to the supermarket and bought a pregnancy test. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was, we’ve been trying to have a second for 2 years now, it just hasn’t happened, but this time I just know.

As I walked in the door I got a text from Ash

“~be home in 2~”

I smile as I walk into the bathroom. I do what I need to do and wait, in the process I hear the door open and close.

“Christine, where are you babe?”

“I’m in the bathroom! Let Jade go play in her room, and come here.”

I hear him tell our little girl to go and play with her new Bass, but to be gentle with it. New bass? He’s determined to have her play. I laugh.

“Hey babe, you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine, come here.” I take his hand and place the digital pregnancy test in it, “What does it say?”

“It says pregnant… (wait for it) …OH MY GOD YOUR PREGNANT?”

He shit eating grin says it all, and he starts jumping around happily. I can’t help but laugh and jump around with him.

“Mommy, Daddy, what’s going on?” Jade walked into the bathroom after hearing us.

Ashley picks her up, “Well Princess, mommy is having another baby. You’re going to be a big sister.”

Jades eyes light up wide, “Mommy, when are you having a baby?”

“Well, it’s going to be a little while honey, but it will go pretty fast.”

“Can it be a boy mommy?”

Ashley smiles, “We’ll see, baby girl. Go play.”

Jade runs off and I smack him in the arm, “Ow! what was that for?”

“That’s for buying her a bass, you know CC has been wanting to teach her drums.”

“I know, but she asked me the other day if she could play mine while I was writing out some bass lines for a song. I let her and showed her a few things, she said she wanted to play the bass like her daddy. So I bought her a smaller version of mine.”

“You mean had one made for her.”

“Yeah that too.”

“Oy, Ash, really?”

“She’s my little princess, I couldn’t say no.”

His smile is contagious and I mirror it, “You’re lucky I love you, you know that? You’re going to spoil her!”

“She’s my little girl, I AM going to spoil her.”

I just shook my head, still smiling. He takes my face in his hands and kisses me, pushing me back to the wall, pinning me. My head is spinning with desire as I tangle my fingers in his hair, raking my nails lightly over his scalp. His mouth moves to my neck, and then there’s a knock at the door.

He growls his frustration, “Never a spare moment around here anymore.”

“Relax. I think Andy and Juliet want to take Jade to the park today with Junior.”

Junior is only a year younger than Jade.

“Oh, so that means we will be alone.”

“Yes Mr. Purdy, it does.”