Chapter 40

~1 week later

Christine’s POV

“Ugh!! Damn butterflies are making me nauseous. Angel help me.”

“Jersey relax. This isn’t even the big wedding and you’re panicking. You’re just going to repeat the vows the judge says and say I do and be happily married.”

Ash walks up to me, “You okay babe?”

“No, I’m nervous and I don’t know why, and it’s making me seriously nauseous. Maybe nervous is the wrong word, maybe overly excited is better. I just wish I didn’t feel so sick.”

Angel pressed the back of her hand to my forehead, “you’re not feverish, but that doesn’t always mean anything, maybe you’re coming down with something.”

“Angel you know I don’t get sick.”

“Oh I beg to differ. You’re worse than a man when you’re sick too. You can’t function and you do nothing but lay around and whine.”

Ash is giggling at us, I just smack him and smile. “You’re no better sweetie.”

He laughs harder, “I know, could you imagine if we were sick at the same time. Poor Angel.”

“You two would be completely on your own. I’m running away if that happens.”

Ash and I are now holding our sides from laughing so hard. I feel much better, well except for the nausea that just won’t go away.

The rest of our entourage shows up and we are called into the court room. Angel stands with me and CC stands with Ash. He grabs my hand and lets out a breath. Hah, guess I’m not the only one who’s nervous. I look back at our group of friends. Everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves. I smile, taking in the heartwarming scene. They are more than just friends. They are family. I couldn’t ask for better.

I hear the door open, and look back watching Chris, Mark and DJ walk in. They smile and wave. I’m glad they made it too. I look at Ash and he is glowing. This moment is perfect.

The judge walks in and greets us, asks us a few questions before reading the vows, before I know, it Ash and I say ‘I Do’ and we are officially married. With tears in our eyes we kiss, cheers from our little family go up and the judge signs the license and we are out the doors.

As we walk into the office to finish signing our part of the license I get woozy. Ash catches me from falling over, “Babe you feeling okay?”

“Nope, where’s the bathroom?”

“Its around the corner Jersey I’ll take you.” She takes me from Ash and walks me to the bathroom. I barely made it to the toilet before breakfast came up.

“Ugh this sucks,” I manage to spit out before retching up more of my stomach. Angel brings me a cup

“Ash is outside pacing, do you want me to let him in?”

“No, not yet.” After drinking down some water I feel much better. “Maybe it was something I ate this morning?”

I stand up and rinse my mouth out before walking outside to everyone. Ash looks seriously worried.

“Babe, are you gunna be ok?”

“Yeah, I think something I ate disagreed with me. I feel much better now, maybe even a bit hungry. Let’s get the paperwork signed, stop and get me some mouthwash and go get some food.”

“Are you sure? We can just go home and relax if you’re not feeling good.”

“Ash, I promise I’m ok now.”