Chapter 5

A.N.: Thank you so much for 14k and 10k on Zodiac and Roommates ❤️❤️ and 400 views on this story :') ily all ❤️

~~~

We came closer and it happened. His lips were on mine. He still tasted good even after that crappy soup.

It felt like I was jumping on a cloud and it felt as if all the pain inside me was finally vanished.

*beep beep beep*

A noise caught my attention. It was his heart monitor.

"Oh my God. Sorry we... I... We shouldn't do this." I said pushing myself away from him.

"Why? I thought you were enjoying it."

"I was-"

"Then what's wrong?"

"Your heart monitor. It started to buzz and all. We can't do it. Your heart is too weak. It can't get more stressed."

"What are you? A doctor?" He stood up from the chair and returned on his bed mad.

"You don't have to be mad, I'm doing this for you. I don't want you to feel worse." I said standing up too.

"I don't need your help or your pity. I can handle a kiss. I won't die because of it. My heart is not that weak." His voice was turning louder.

"If you say so. Just don't yell at me."

"I'm not yelling." His voice was even louder now.

"Ugh. Why am I even arguing on this with you?"

"Stop talking then."

I jumped on my bed and turned sideways with my back so that I wouldn't be facing him. I know he's not really mad at me, it's just because of this situation, but still he shouldn't treat me bad because of it.

*the next morning*

The nurse woke me up for breakfast and after a while Dr. Johnson came for the chemo again.

"Wait." Ethan said while the nurse was taking me to the other room.

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry for yesterday. I know you were only doing it for me."

"You're gonna finish this conversation later." The nurse said. "Belle has to go."

A.N.: The nurse always ruin the moment lmao ^^^

"See you later Ethan."

He smiled.

After therapy I returned to my room. The nurse took me to bed. The second round of chemo was even worse than the first one. I wasn't even able to walk appropriately.

"I'll leave this here." She said leaving a bucket next to the bed. "Don't try to stand up, and if you need anything just click this button."

I nodded. Everything was hurting. I felt my head so dizzy.

The nurse left and I didn't even realize that Ethan came closer to my bed. He took my hand.