Chapter 12

*Still Ethan's P.O.V.*

*a few days later*

It's been five days and she still didn't wake up. I stayed next to her everyday since it happened. I couldn't leave her alone. I basically spent all days and nights on that chair, next to her bed. I didn't care about pain, I didn't care about how bad my back was aching, all I wanted was nothing more to see her waking up, looking at me, smiling.

As every morning Dr. Johnson came into the room to check on both.

"Ethan you really should get some rest." She said looking at my probably tired face.

"I'm fine. I rested here tonight." I said patting on the chair arms.

"I was talking about a real rest, on your bed." She said. "And don't tell me you don't want to. You need to." She continued seeing that I was about to reply.

I did as she told me and laid on my bed. This is so annoying. I know she's doing it because she's worried about me, and it's her job, but still. All I care about right now is Belle.

I waited for the doctor to leave the room and returned to the chair.

*a few hours later*

I could feel the tiredness starting to embrace me,  where a few seconds it made me fall asleep with my head laying on her bed.

***

*Belle's P.O.V.*

My eyes started to open and it felt like everything was happening in slow motion. My head was feeling dizzy, everything seemed to rotate. I saw Dr. Johnson coming into the room, probably checking my medical records on her tablet. She looked at me smiling.

"Ah you're awake!" Her voice sounded muffled.

What's happening?? What happened??

I touched my head and felt some bandages on it.

She came closer to my bed and continued talking.

"You're probably scared now. But it's okay."

"W-what happened?" My voice sounded like a whisper in my throat.

"You fell on the ground and hit your head really bad. But Dr. Shepherd and I managed to remove the liquid from your cranium. You had a head trauma, but you're gonna be fine now." Her voice was slowly sounding clearer again.

"Ethan- is he-"

She looked down smiling and shaking her head. I followed her gaze and realized only now that he was laying with his head and arms on my bed. He fell asleep like that. Tiredness all over his face. I passed my fingers through his hair as I watched him sleeping.

"He stayed there for days. He didn't wanna rest on his bed." She said.

I didn't know if I should have smiled of it because it was the cutest thing someone has ever done for me, or been angry because he should have rested.

"How much time was I in coma?" I asked.

"5 days."

She cracked a smile, probably seeing the shocked look on my face.

Ethan started moving. He opened his eyes and was now watching me.