Chapter 14

A.N.: I' m back with a new chapter. Sorry that I didn't update in so long but I had so many things going on. Thank you so so much for 2k!!! And also for 22k on Zodiac, 16k on Roommates and 3k on Soulmates!! I love you so much :') ❤️❤️

~~~

*Ethan's P.O.V.*

"Ethan I have some good news. There is a donator who's compatible with you. We immediately contacted UNOS and they gave us the permission to operate you." Dr. Johnson said entering in the room.

I stayed quite for a bit trying to realize what was happening.

"Is this real? Is it really happening?"

"Yes." She smiled. "I'm gonna go operate your donor and the nurses will get you ready in a few."

"After 3 years... I've waited for this day for so long. I can't believe it's true. Oh my God."

Everything felt like it was a dream. That it was so unreal.

Belle squeezed my hand, taking me back to reality. She watched me with loving eyes, smiling happily.

I squeezed her hand back and I hugged her tight.

I was about to tell her something but the nurses came in. They prepared me for the operation.

"Wait." I said before they took me out of the room.

I jumped out of my bed and reach Belle's. I cupped her face in my hands and gave her a gentle kiss. I watched her eyes as we broke the kiss.

"Come back to me."

"I will. I promise." I gave her another peck and jumped on the bed again.

I watched her as the nurses took me out of the room.

Everything was going in slow motion. I've waited this day so much but now I was being anxious. I took a deep breathe as my bed reached the operation room.

"Ethan." Dr. Johnson said. Her voice muffled by the surgical mask. "Are you ready?"

I took another deep breathe, as I feel my chest so heavy and I nodded.

My gaze started to get blurry as the anesthesia was starting to work and soon I was asleep.

*Belle's P.O.V.*

Ethan just left the room and anxiety was already starting to attack me. I've never been one of those people who usually have panic attacks but now, I feel like I can't breath normally, like something heavy, like a weight, is pressing on my chest.

I watched as his family was all in the hallway, waiting for the doctor to fill them in.

I took my phone and started texting the girls. I couldn't bare to stay alone, I needed someone to help me calm myself, to keep me distracted somehow. Bad thoughts were running through my mind right now and I wanted them to go away.

After a few Dylan and Kian approached his family and as soon as they saw me they both cracked a smile.

The girls came by a few minutes later.

"Hey." They sat down next to my bed giving me a hug.

"Does my mom already fill you in? Do you have any news?" Sophia asked.

"No. Only two hours passed. There are probably other two. I googled it. This operation normally last for four hours."

They nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly I've never been this nervous as I am right now."

"It's normal." Ki said. "You do care about him and you're scared now but everything will go well."

"I hope so." I took a deep breathe as they all squeezed my hand trying to comfort me somehow.

I've never cared that much about someone as I do for him. I'm scared. Seriously. I'm scared of losing him, I'm scared because if something might happen to him, I don't know if I'll be able to survive, if I'd want to survive. I just want him to live, to feel better. Is it too much to ask?

Other two hours has passed and there was no sign of Dr. Johnson. Nervousness and fear were starting to increase. Please. I need him to be okay.

Just as someone heard my thoughts the doctor approached his family. I couldn't hear what they were saying but there wasn't sadness in her face. So is he alright?

I watched as his mom hugged her. Tears were all over her face. Fear was devouring me now. My hands started to shake just as my legs. A feeling of drowning was getting over me. I could feel my heart beating faster and my breath getting weaker as the doctor came into the room.

I wasn't even able to speak.

"H-how is he?" I said after a while, clearing my throat.

"The operation went well, he's in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) now. He's gonna stay there for a day or two. He needs to recover but then he'll come back here."

"Can I see him?"

"He's asleep now, but yes."

She helped me sit on the wheelchair.

"Thank you for saving him. Again."

"It's just my job." She smiled.

The girls pushed my wheelchair through the hallways till we reached his room. His family was still inside, sitting around him. His face was peaceful, like he fell asleep thinking about something beautiful. Tears streamed down my face as I was looking at him. For the first time in so long these were tears of happiness. He was finally gonna be okay.

~~~

A.N.: Yes, Ethan is finally gonna be okay :')

I got anxious while writing this chapter to be honest hahah

Do you think everything is gonna be fine now?

Ethan is gonna get better?

Keep reading to find out (:

I love you

Have a nice day ❤️