Chapter 8

"A message from Deus-sama?" [Gabriel]

I materialized one of my messenger orbs Toram and it projected the content of the message.

"I have a new mission for you. I want you to make humanity stronger. About the reason, you will know it much sooner. And I also want you to gather other angels. I can't only have one angel you know. Its like calling me a NEET or a hikkikomori god with only one subordinate and that's just sad. Now that's over do your best." [Deus]

I reread it over 3 more times before finally digesting the new information with a twitching eye.

"What's with this abrupt mission." [Gabriel]

"To make humanity stronger and gather other 《Angels》 huh?" [Gabriel]

First issue, making humanity stronger. I could just bless them and I'll just use my challenge as a training in diguise.

But the second issue gather more 《Angels》 is much more harder. Are there even any qualifications or just pick on a whim and make them super strong?

"Toram, ask Deus-sama if there are any qualifications for choosing my kin?" [Gabriel]

"..."

"....How unreliable, that NEET god." [Gabriel]

'Deus-sama, this is an important mission so why are you not answering? Don't tell me you just plan to leave all the trouble to me. You regrettable hikkikomori god!' [Gabriel]

I sighed in resignation and put Toram in my dimensional pocket.

'I should just head over to the next town and just make my own set of qualifications.' [Gabriel]

I hope that ninja guy isn't there. The curiosity is getting annoying.

I was walking along the streets of Flandez looking for a suitable restaurant while ignoring the stares headed my way. I'm a frugal Japanese person but eating hard bread and undrinkable water is not acceptable.

I was brought out of my thoughts when someone bumped into me. It was a boy a year younger than me with unkempt brown hair and was only wearing rags. His head was hanging down with a collar in his neck.

(Just imagine that he has golden eyes and is wearing rags and a collar

(Just imagine that he has golden eyes and is wearing rags and a collar.)

"Sorry Miss." [Boy]

"No worries." [Gabriel]

He stills in surprised at my response. Was he expecting me to scream at him and punish him? He lifted up his head for a split second to look at my appearance then ran away. I look at his figure into the crowd then resumed my foodfinding. Though that boy....his eyes are the color of shining gold.

"How pretty. Just like the light of god." [Gabriel]

I mumbled absentmindedly. Was he a slave because of those eyes? Or for other reasons? I feel like I really want to know who he is and why is he a slave. But to think 'that place' really exists and everyone's turning a blind eye on it.