Chapter 12

Daryl looks down at Kirsty as she sleeps, the light creeping in through the window. He strokes her hair gently, admiring her. Kirsty stirs, her eyes flickering open. "Hey," Daryl smiles.

Were you watching me sleep? Kirsty smiles.

"A little," he says, running his fingers over her cheek.

She sees the light coming through the curtain. Shit! What time is it? Kirsty frowns as she sits up.

"It's still early," Daryl says.

Negan's gonna be here at seven, she panics as she jumps out of bed.

"So? Ta hell with him," Daryl frowns as he watches her pull on a pair of jeans.

I have to work with him, Daryl. That was the deal, she says.

"What?" He asks, unsure of what she said. She grabs her pad from the bedside table and writes it out. Daryl gets up out of bed, pulling on a pair of boxers. He takes her gently by the arm. "You don't regret it do you?" His eyes almost plead with her.

Kirsty answers him with a kiss. I have to go, i'll seeya later, she smiles.

~

"Hey," Negan smiles as she heads through the gate. He frowns slightly. "You look unusually perky, you have a dream i fucking died or something?"

Maybe, she smiles before she gets in the truck.

~

Negan looks over at her, and not for the first time. In fact, he'd been looking at her every minute or so, trying to figure out what was different about her. She looks all fucking glowy and happy, and.., Negan stops the truck, his eyes widening.

Kirsty turns to him. What are you doing?

"Did you get laid last night?" He frowns.

What the hell are you talking about? Why would you think that? She asks uncomfortably.

"I've fucked enough people to know that look, i see it every fucking day in the mirror. You look all glowy and content," he says.

Kirsty furrows her brows. You're talking nonsense.

"And you're being overly defensive," Negan says.

Kirsty shuffles in her seat. So what if i did? It's no business of yours.

Negan's stomach churns. "Was it Daryl?" He asks, his throat suddenly dry.

Again, that's none of your business, she mouths.

"Oh it better not be fucking Daryl," Negan shakes his head, his eyes going dark. "It is, isn't it!" He yells. "I asked you a damn question!" Negan almost spits. His face drops as Kirsty flinches. He steps out of the truck, slamming the door behind him. "Fuck!" He kicks the back of the truck. "Fuck, fucking, cock sucking, mother fucking fucker!" He growls, sweat pouring off his temples.

Kirsty watches him in the mirror, her heartbeat racing. She opens the passenger door and steps out, running towards the woods.

Negan breathes deeply and turns towards the truck, his face dropping as he sees the open door and the empty passenger seat. "Kirsty?" He almost whispers. "Kirsty!" He shouts, heading towards the woods.

~

Kirsty runs, tears streaming down her cheeks. For the first time, she's afraid of him. She hadn't been at the line-up so her only feelings towards him had been mostly hate, but now she was scared.