Chapter 4: The Legend

At the brunch Adriana sat on a table by herself with Buddy. A few trainers approached her and asked her whether she knew about the legends about Split-Route's gym leader. She didn't so she listened attentively as the trainers explained the legend. "It is said that it seems to be one with its pokémon and legend says that it itself is a legendary pokémon. It is also rumoured that anyone who beats the gym leader gets this legendary pokémon that no one knows anything about." One of the trainers said. These words seemed to have branded themselves into Adriana's mind.

Adriana was trying to find the logic behind these legends, but then again nothing seemed logical in this town. Her train of thought was interrupted by the feeling of a ghostly presence and the feeling of a cold hand touching her shoulder. She slowly turned around and was relived to find a female trainer behind her.

"Hi! Mind if I sit with you?" the trainer asked cheerfully.

"If you would like to," Adriana answered.

"So, you're a trainer and coordinator? By the way my name is Amy."

"I'm Adriana Rowen... Are you...um... psychic?"

Amy chuckles and says sarcastically, "I'm obviously psychic because I couldn't have seen the bands on your arm which indicate that you're a trainer and a coordinator."

Adriana blushes as she realizes her error. She tried to look at Amy's band/s but was surprised to not find any. Adriana asked Amy nervously, "How is it that you aren't wearing any bands?"

"My family runs a nursery here. By the way, weren't you supposed to deliver a pokémon egg?"

"It's true," Adriana realized and took out the pokémon egg from her bag and gave it to Amy. "Shall we go to the nursery?" Amy asks.

"Ok," Adriana answers.

They arrived at a beautiful building surrounded by grass
type pokémon which was the nursery. 

"Would you mind if I made a call?" Adriana asked Amy.

"Sure, the phone's over there," Amy answers. "Are you going to call your boyfriend or something?" She continued.

"You're so off," Adriana answered.

"So you're not going to call Professor Elm? What did you think 'or something' meant?"

"Are you psychic or is it just that I'm an open book?" Adriana asks.

"A bit of both," Amy answers.

"Let me get this right...I'm an open book?" Adriana asks.

"Yes and I'm not psychic," Amy laughs. "Let's make that call."