Chapter 11: My Poke-Self

Adriana stumbled out of the room and dashed towards the entrance, were her belongings were located. She suddenly stopped in her tracks. "OH MY ARCEUS! WHAT A CUTE ZORUA!" As she tried to stroke the anxious looking zorua, she felt someone tap her shoulder. When she turned around, she came face to face with an angry looking zoroark. "I-I-I will take my leave now..." Adriana stumbled to say whilst the zoroark gave Adriana a death glare.

"Why does this remind me to the time I sneaked into Gramps' lab? At least it didn't end the same way..." Adriana mumbled whilst she left.

***

"Did the cries come from this way?" Adriana wondered silently.

As Adriana pushed the door open she found two pokémon eggs. Riolu eggs she recognised.

She could hear someone in distress. Sounds so familiar. The sounds of someone having a nightmare. Could it be one of the eggs? She had heard pokémon eggs before...

"It's ok, you are not alone. There's nothing to fear," Adriana assured the egg. All she could hear now was silent sobbing coming from one of the eggs. "Don't worry, I'll stay beside you until you fall asleep, ok?" It wasn't long until she could hear light breathing from the direction of the egg. It was so relaxing that it wasn't long until she herself fell asleep.

***

Adriana jolted off the hay, the ringing of a milktank bell reverberating in her ears. "T-Tino –senpai?" she questioned as she reached for her glasses. "Tino-senpei?" Amy smirked, " anyway, why are you here?"

"I-I-I was....Ehm...." Adriana was desperately trying to find an excuse.

"....why won't you just admit you were sleepwalking again?" Amy laughed.
"S-sleepwalk?...yes, of course sleepwalking," Adriana laughed nervously.
"It's fine as long as you won't sleep drop pokémon eggs," Amy teased. "Anyway, are you ready for the contest? It should start in ten minutes."

"wait....WHAT?"

Amy cried from laughter at Adriana's reaction, "I'm joking! We still have more than an hour." Adriana pouted before starting to jog outside, "come on, slowpoke! We still need to get prepared, and there's no time to lose!" she said before sprinting towards the pokémon contest. Amy just laughed at the comment before catching up with ease.