Chapter 22: The Engagement

*Cafeteria, Pokemon Centre, Split-Route Town. 5pm*

Numerous chocolate and cappuccino stained glasses surround Gabriella's side of the table, whilst Adriana is impatiently swirly her herbal tea with the spoon. "Are you going to start telling me the details?" Rowan urged.

"Sip...."

"Chi... I want to hear why you disappeared for four years."

"Sip..."

"Chi... I'm running out of patience... .stop ignoring me and start explaining already!"

"...Can I have another hot chocolate?"

"Will you answer my questions if I get you another one?"

"...."

"Chi!"

"Yes, Yes. Fiiiinnnee. Gee, you're so annoying..."

"You seriously have the guts to say that?" Adriana grumbled as she replaced her friend's cup.

Gabriella played with her cup as she slowly started to speak, "do you remember my 9th birthday party...?"

"Didn't we escape at a point, and Tino-Senpai had to cover for us?"

"Hehe, I recall that all too well. We brought him so many of his favourite pastries so that he'd forgive us. hehe ... Remember how we also noticed that there were a lot of boys at the party?"

" Nod... It was rather strange..."

"A few days after... I found out why that was the case...."

"Oh?"

Gabriella pulled out a silver ring.

"D-Don't tell me...?"

"Nod... My parents were trying to find me a fiance...."

"A-And what did you say...?"

"Had it been a few days earlier.... I would have accepted their decision without questioning it... but..."

"But?"

"That day we encountered Absol.... Was the first time I felt freedom.... And I wasn't prepared to lose it so quickly...."

"And your solution was to run away from home?"

"It was the only solution I could think of!"
"Without letting anyone know? Not even leaving a letter?"

"That's not true! I told my uncle!"

"You were a runaway nine year old girl.... Who had always been supervised... and he told no-one?"

"I-I made him promise not to say a word.... And he agreed as long as I remained here, in Split-Route... And stayed in touch with him...."

"..."

"So.... Ro-Ro, can you forgive me...? Pretty please....? With a Cherubi on top~," Chi begged as she embraced and rubbed her cheek against Rowan's arm.

"..."

"Please, forgive me, Ro-Ro~"

BUZZ BUZZ "Ugh... a call from Gramps.... Please, excuse me for a while," Rowan grumbled as she got up, and made her way outside to attend to the call.