Chapter 15

2 months have already passed and it seemed as though Bora had taken advantage of Yoongi not being around to make Soo-ji's life a living hell. She spread rumours about her, she played pranks on her, she got the whole school against her. But Soo-ji just did not care anymore.

As the days went longer, she felt increasingly deflated when there was still no news from Yoongi.

It was 8pm when Soo-ji's phone pinged to indicate a text message had come through. She slowly sat up in bed, feeling her body heavy and checked her phone.

"Come to the school rooftop – Yoongi "

She fell out of her bed, her mouth fell open. She even had to blink a few times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.

Yoongi had texted her.

She scrambled out of bed quickly and threw on some jeans and a thick sweater.

She ran all the way to school, almost tripping halfway down the street in her moment of rush.

The wind hit her face as soon as she threw open the rooftop doors, but she did not feel the cold at all. She tried to catch her breath as her eyes immediately landed on Yoongi. He was overlooking the night view and all Soo-ji could see was his back. His strong posture illuminated by the street lights in the background.

She took a slow step forward, not believing her eyes that he was really here.

He turned around when he heard she was close enough, but Soo-ji let out a loud gasp when she saw a fresh gash wound on his cheek. His eyes look weak and tired too.

"What the hell happened to you...?" She whispered, studying his face closely.

Without even answering, Yoongi wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her hair.

"I missed you." He said softly next to her ear.

Soo-ji stiffened instantly when she felt his breath hitting her skin, his words not registering in her mind.

He waited for her response but pulled away when he realised she did not react.

Yoongi could not tell what she was thinking of by the expression on her face. She looked... shocked? Sad? Angry? Relieved? But he did notice the tears at the brim of her eyes.

"Can you tell me what happened to you?" She asked quietly.

Yoongi shook his head.

Pursing her lips, she asked, "then, can you tell me why you disappeared?"

Again, he shook his head, looking at her closely. His face bore a painful expression.

"Can you at least tell me where you were?"

Yoongi didn't shake his head this time, but Soo-ji knew the answer anyway.

She took a deep breath, the tears finally falling and she turned her heel to walk out the rooftop.

The anger inside her was ignited again and she was absolutely done. The confusion, being kept in the dark, being treated like an idiot...

She raised her hand to her cheek to wipe the tears away when she felt her wrist being pulled back and Yoongi pulled her into his chest.

"No... Let go..." Soo-ji squirmed against him, but he only tightened his arms around her.

She burst into a loud cry, clutching onto his jacket in a tight fist.

After crying for a few minutes, Soo-ji suddenly pushed him away and she took a step back as she looked up at him.

She shook her head slightly, "do you know how much it hurts?" Her voice shaky from the uncontrollable sobs.