Is this my fault?

I rushed Nick to the hospital as fast as I could. "We need help now!". One of the nurses herd me and rushed out with a stretcher and he was bleeding out and fast. They got him into the ER and stabilized him the best they could. He was gonna be OK they told me but he won't be able to walk for some time. "Thank you. " I said but she shut the door on me. It was kind of rude but she had to preform the surgery quick if he is ever going to walk again. I waited outside the room, thinking of the possibilities. My mind was racing. The doctor was standing in front of me, screaming. But that's only because I was spacing out.  He told me all I needed to know. Nick was going to be okay. I wanted to cry but I didn't even deserve that. If I hadn't went on that mission then Nick would still be okay and he would have been fine. The doctor snapped me out of it. Nick was in a coma and until it was over his legs can't actually heal. It was strange but I mean he's the doctor so. I sat in the chair next to Nick.
Time skip
It got late so I kissed Nicks forehead and decided to head home. Before I went to bed I grabbed the knife. It's funny however, the scars look like faces, mocking me. I fell asleep after, dreaming of my mom. I wonder how she is.
Foreshadow.
Wow I cant believe I came back in such a satisfying way.