On Fate, Uncertainty and Cowardice in Love

People have been confused with how the concept of fate works,
It's either they'll tell you you're young, naïve and dumb to hope when it comes to love.
Gurus advised me not to rush because I might crash and get burns,
I made myself wary with every human that was bound to break me even when they initiate to delve.

My parents were annulled since I was on the fifth grade and mom told me when I asked her if she'll be even,
"This is why you had to weigh your options and think-not just feel rationally, in order to see both sides of the spectrum."
I kept that in mind as I rejected every guy that might be a lunatic, gentlemen, coward or whose only entertainment is their semen.
Growing up, I always used my head over heart because I had friends lamenting on me and torn hearts were their ultimatum.

So how did I fall for you and it seemed so ethereal, ineffable and right?
Especially when we're on the park after formal dining, the stars above us, and you held my hand... gripping it tight?
Why did your "I love you" clung to me as if it was my favorite melody when your voice isn't even that lovely?
Am I still sane to let you hug me from the back and feel your warmth as I warned myself I'll be letting myself in felony?

I was utterly crestfallen-thinking that you might be uncertain like me as I watched the downpour of rain,
Pondering, dad called me to taste the spaghetti in the kitchen.
When I told him it tasted great, I asked him how he feels about mom and the current situation we're in...
"Anak, kahit hindi naging maayos ang samahan namin; ang mahalaga naandito ka. Ganun talaga ang magmahal at mahalin."