II

Itachi sighed, looking at Shikamaru before him.

"Do you know who she is yet, or are you here wasting my time?"Itachi asked him. Shikamaru rolled his eyes at the Uchiha and dropped a large file, with a stack of papers in it, in front of him. He crossed his arms as Itachi looked at the file blankly.

"Seriously, you should start giving me more challenging things. She was easy to scrounge records up on. You wouldn't believe who she is,"Shikamaru snorted. He leaned back in his chair as Itachi started flipping through the file. "Her name is Miharu Kurokawa. She has a sister named Michiko, who's in the hospital in a coma from a car crash that happened last winter. Her sister is the same age. Their twins, as I uncovered. She also has a brother. Their parents died when Miharu was a senior in high school, so about three years ago. Guess who her parents were?" Itachi picked up one of the papers and his eyes widened.

"The old Kurokawa yakuza clan leaders?"Itachi murmured.

"You got it,"Shikamaru told him. He scratched his cheek boredly. "And her brother. He's the new Kurokawa leader. Nishiki Kurokawa. He disappeared on them just before their sister got in the car crash." He crossed a leg, pulling it up over to rest on his knee. "There's no way of knowing if Miharu knows about that. Or her sister. Anyways. Miharu works as a secretary at the Namikaze Law firm. In reality she's the Namikaze Yakuza clan leader, Minato's, secretary. Weird, right?" Itachi moved to the next page, stopping when he saw it was a news clipping.

Yakuza Clan Fight Kills Two Civilians, Children Left Orphaned

A picture of Miharu with a girl in her arms crying was the cover. The image seemed to appear in the springtime, with cherry blossom trees around the girls. 

"That's the night it happened. The news had no way of knowing the clan members were Kurokawa. Funny thing is, your dad's the one that killed em,"Shikamaru yammered. Itachi felt a small sense of guilt as he stared at the news clipping. "Her address is on the next page."

"Thank you, Nara. You may go,"Itachi muttered. Shikamaru knew that was his dismissal and he stood. As he reached the door, he also heard Itachi say,"Have a car prepared for me. Send Shisui and my brother to my office." Shikamaru bowed and closed the door. He sighed, his brow furrowing after leaving Itachi's office. He walked down the hallway, knowing he had no say in the matter of how Itachi dealt with this Miharu girl. If he even tried he'd end up dead. There's gotta be something.... Shikamaru pulled his phone out and quickly dialed a number.

"Hey. Kisame? Remember that favor you owe me? Yeah, well what about that favor you also owe your gang boss,"Shikamaru asked. He nodded to himself. "That's right, the one you owe to Kurokawa. Listen, don't tell him. But his little sister, Miharu, she's in danger. Take a couple of guys and head to her house." Shikamaru flipped the phone shut and shoved it back in his pocket. He rounded the corner and headed to do as Itachi had asked.

Itachi sat still in his office, flipping through Miharu's file. He stopped on a picture of her in middle school, and then turned to one of her in high school. His eyes widened. I recognize her. I knew her family was to be attacked....I even tried to warn her the day before, but she ignored me. He frowned. He flipped to a current photo of her and focused on it. I guess it's time to make her pay me back for my suit. Ruining something so expensive, how stupid. Itachi slipped the number and name she'd left him into the folder and looked up as his brother and Shisui came in.

"Retrieve your guns. You're coming with me to pick someone up,"I ordered. Sasuke scratched the back of his head.

"Really?"Sasuke yawned. "I don't wanna be involved in your revenge over some spilt coffee."