XIII

Itachi looked up when she stepped into the bedroom. His heart started beating fast. 

"Miharu..."He murmured. She walked in and shut the door behind her slowly. Her eyes stayed downcast. She walked over to him and looked up at him. He stared down at her, his eyes connecting with hers. That's when she surprised him. She stood on her tiptoes and placed her hands on his cheeks, pulling his head down and pressing her lips against his. His eyes widened in shock and then they shut, his arm snaking around her waist and pulling her against him. When they broke apart, they were both breathing hard, neither missing the blush on the other one's face. 

"Don't ever say there's no love when there is,"Miharu whispered to him. He nodded in response. She grabbed his hand gently and squeezed it. "Our marriage will have love in it, don't you ever forget that." He pulled her close to him, bending down and hugging her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into the crook of his neck. He breathed a sigh of relief, tickling her skin, but she didn't mind. She actually enjoyed the feeling of his breath on her skin. 

That night when they went to sleep, they slept in each other's arms. 

****

"Araaaa, Itachi, where are we going?"Miharu whined. Itachi had just made her get up and get dressed. He hadn't told her anything when he'd pretty much shoved her into the passenger seat of the car and drove off from the building. "I haven't even seen Michiko since yesterday!" Itachi rolled his eyes. 

"You'll like where I'm taking you. Besides, Michiko already knows where we went, I had Shisui relay it,"Itachi told her. Two days had passed since they'd made up and Michiko had awoken. Michiko was now staying in a room down the hall from Shisui, and was fully supportive of anything Itachi wanted to do with Miharu. It kind of freaked Miharu out, actually. "Mom would kill us if we didn't go on at least five dates, remember?"

"Yeah, but your mom also knows my sister just woke up,"Miharu pointed out. Itachi thought for a moment before his face gave away that he conceded. "Come on, at least tell me where we're-"

"Shhhhhh,"Itachi sighed at her. She pouted. He kept driving, keeping silent about where they were going. Eventually he pulled up to a cemetery. Miharu froze. This is the cemetery where mom and dad's graves are.... Her gaze slid to Itachi. "You know where we're going, don't you?" Miharu sighed and got out. He moved around the car beside her. She was very quiet and he took her hand. "Please. Let's go." She slowly lead him and then stopped in front of two stones. She stared down at them. "Its them...?"

"Yes..."Miharu whispered. She watched in awe as Itachi clapped his hands together and bowed his head. "Wait, what are you..."

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Kurokawa,"Itachi spoke. Miharu blinked. He kept his head bowed. "My name is Itachi Uchiha. I'm the son of the man who wrongfully killed you. I am now the clan head, and have formed an alliance with your son, Nishiki. I'm friends with your daughter, Michiko Kurokawa. And....I'm in love with your other daughter, Miharu." Miharu blushed. Itachi paused for a second, as if he was listening to something. Miharu knew that wasn't the case, since that was ridiculous. When he opened his mouth again, she was still in awe. "I'm going to marry your daughter. Had you been alive, I would be asking permission....but since you're not, I thought you ought to know. I love her a lot, in fact, I wish to protect her at all costs. Nothing will happen to her while I'm around. The same can be said for Michiko, her sister. Though she was in a coma, our doctors successfully found a way to awaken her, and she is awake and walking around with help." 

Miharu's heart was swelling with emotions as she listened to Itachi. Itachi smiled the entire time he spoke to her parents. 

"I will take the best care of Miharu I can, and I always will do what's best for her,"Itachi promised. When he finished, he bowed and stood back up, dropping his hands. His eyes turned to Miharu and he widened them when he saw she was crying. He reached out and wiped at her tears, but gave up, instead just pulling her to his chest and holding her there.