IX

That night, Miharu stood outside Itachi's bedroom door quietly. Her hand hovered over the knob. If I open the door, that will actually mean that I'm allowing for this to happen. He mentioned I could sleep on the couch, but I'd still have to ask him for a blanket or something.... She sighed, feeling the chilled air starting to get to her. Come on, just open the door. She placed her hand on the knob just as soon as the door opened. She was pulled forward with it and face planted into Itachi's chest. He blinked down at her. He'd just been going to look for her and see if she was okay when she'd fallen on him. 

She looked up at him, her hand resting on his chest. He was thankful that the light would've been too dim to see his cheeks blushing. She was wearing a tanktop and long pants bottoms, but in the tanktop he could see her cleavage from that angle. He sighed and stepped back, waving his arm into the room. 

"Come on, I'm tired,"he told her. She stood still and then nodded, her blushing gaze drawn down to the floor. She walked in and he shut the door, moving behind her to go sit on the right side of the bed. She took the left and lifted the covers up, sliding under them. He clapped his hands twice and the lights shut off, the curtains drawing themselves shut. That's cool...Miharu thought as she blinked. "Goodnight, Miharu." She clenched her fist on the covers in surprise and then relaxed. 

"Goodnight, Itachi,"she murmured. They slept with their backs facing each other. They each tried to still their nerves against the pressure of sleeping in bed with each other. Although, for Itachi it wasn't much of him sleeping in bed with a woman. No, he'd slept with women, in fact, it was just that it was Miharu he was in bed with. Eventually the two managed to quiet their thoughts and drift off to sleep, finally giving into the fact that this was their lives now. 

****

In the morning, the two were jolted awake with sharp laughter. Miharu blinked the fuzz out of her eyes and she spotted Sasuke and Shisui, holding the bed curtains open and snickering at the sight of the two asleep together. Miharu wondered what they were laughing about and turned her gaze to see that she and Itachi had been sleeping while holding each other in their arms. She blushed and managed to shove Itachi's arms off of her, launching at the two other Uchiha's in the room. She flipped Sasuke to the ground, a loud BANG sounding in the room. She glared daggers at Shisui as he had now fallen to the floor howling at the sight of Sasuke getting flipped on his ass. Sasuke groaned. 

"Why'd you flip me...."Sasuke moaned at her. She moved to go after Shisui, but felt two arms wrap around her and pull her back. 

"Don't. He's not worth it,"Itachi murmured into the crook of her neck. She blushed and fumed at the fact that he was holding her. Sasuke and Shisui took that chance to escape, Shisui yelling something about how the two were due to meet Itachi's mother in two hours. Miharu sighed and Itachi gently released her, his hands grazing her torso gently one last time before he completely released her. She whirled around and flicked him on the forehead. He pouted and touched it. "Ow. What was that for?"

"Don't grab me like that! And what was with-"Miharu halted her words as an image of Itachi's peaceful face and the feeling of his arms wrapped around her momentarily returned. "You know what, nevermind." She sighed and rubbed her temples with both hands. Itachi watched her and sighed inwardly. She turned to leave the room. 

"Where are you going?"Itachi asked, grabbing her wrist. She turned and glared at him and he quickly held his hands up defensively, remembering she'd told him only moments ago not to grab her. "Sorry. I just wanted to ask, why you were leaving the room looking like that." She looked down and squeaked as she saw her tank top had slid so the front part of it was completely revealing one boob behind the pad of her bra. "Not that I mind seeing you like that, but other people..." She quickly pulled it up and huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. She turned on her heel and left the room.