Chapter 1

After seeing Naruto off to the main gates Kakashi and I fell into a rhythm of regular jonin

After seeing Naruto off to the main gates Kakashi and I fell into a rhythm of regular jonin. We mainly went on A or S rank missions but we always went together...sometimes Tenzo would join us and other times it would be other jonin like Genma or Aoba. I kept in touch with Gaara and when he wrote me saying he was going to be named the fifth Kazekage, Kakashi and I rushed over to see his inauguration. We stayed a few days in the Village hidden in the Sand catching up with Gaara and we got to know his siblings better. He was a lot more calm and happy now and hiss siblings were closer to him now...he seemed genuinely happy.

Taro, Ryuu, Haru, and Hikaru decided they wanted to travel and look at different villages, not necessarily enjoying the idea of being ninja. Before they left I made sure that they were all fairly well trained...Enough to defend against anyone who would try to attack them. I also left Ryuu with one of my kunai just in case they needed me. Itsuki, Katsuo and Hachiro stayed and continued their training eventually becoming a squad of genin. They were all very talented and their teamwork was absolutely perfect. Half of the time they came and slept at Kakashi and my house so eventually after talking to Lady Tsunade, we had Tenzo just combine our two houses. One side for the kids to use and one side for Kakashi and I but there was a huge entry room and kitchen that we enjoyed having together. We officially adopted them but I felt kinda bad that we only adopted the three who stayed...we fully intended on adopting the other four if they wanted when they came back. The three of them loved that they could officially call Kakashi dad and me mom and seemed to love being known as our children throughout the village. If we were around we always saw them off on missions and I cleaned them up of any injuries when they got home. Kakashi became less awkward around them and I often found him either training with them or lazing around with them talking about random stuff. I once came home to find them all sleeping together on the couch.

Kakashi re-awakened his Mangekyou Sharingan and I helped him train using it. I also worked on my chakra walls and no matter how hard I practiced it was always so much easier to make a barrier when I was not in it. Most days we trained we both went home absolutely exhausted especially the first few days.

I also proudly welcomed everyone back to the village when they got back from the chunin exams having passed. I had become really close to all of the kids on each team. I took at least one team out to lunch each week...it helped keep me happy. Neither Kakashi or I fully got over losing our child but we moved on and continued to find happiness with each other and our friends. We decided to not even risk having another child while the Akatsuki were out and hunting Naruto because it seemed like bad things were going to happen soon and neither of us were going to risk it.

*Story start*

Kakashi and I were on our way to the Hokage's office...she said she needed us for something important which was good to hear because we had been held off missions for a few days. Kakashi was acting strange about it though, like he knew the reason for our little break but he didn't tell me... We walked up and knocked on the door