Prologue;

The blood coming from my nose rushed over the previous dried blood and trickled down my lips. I struggled to stand up; my body was weak and in excruciating pain. My cheek was embellished with blue and black marks that had a hint of red and purple mixed within it. My legs trembled as I finally found the tiny bit of strength to stand up. My lip was busted and blood ran down my chin and down my neck.

"Next time" He heavily breathed, gripping my hair and pulling me close to his mouth, making me whimper and close my eyes tight, "You'll listen to me when I tell you do something" He spat, pushing me away from him.

I somehow managed to stay upright as he pushed me. "Clean yourself up" Was the last thing he said before he left my room; everything on the bedroom walls shook with the slam of the door. I clenched my fists and quietly cried. After a couple minutes of mentally beating myself up and crying, I exhaled a shaky breath and struggled to make my way to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door then turned the knob to start the shower.

I stripped myself from my ripped clothing, examining my body once I was fully undressed. My body was covered in bruises, I didn't even know how I was up and moving. My body was numb, the pain didn't phase me anymore. I was used to this. Pain was something I've felt for years now. Whether it was physical, emotional or mentally.

I stepped into the shower, wincing at the rushing warm water falling onto my sore body. I reached for my wash rag, watching my trembling hands struggle to grab it. I took my body wash and poured some onto my rag. I wiped my body clean before falling to the floor and cried.

"Emelia?!" A voice whispered loudly, shaking me by my shoulder. I jumped and yelled, covering my head with my arms in fear. "I'm sorry!" I shouted.

"Melia? What are you talking about" Her soft voice asked, confusion in her voice. I lifted my head slowly and looked around, all eyes were on me.

Once I noticed where I was, I calmed down and wiped my eyes as I noticed tears had manage to escape from them.

"Oh, I-I" I stuttered. Thankfully I was saved by the ringing of the bell. I quickly gathered my things and sped walked out the classroom, avoiding everyone's concerned and confused eyes.

Once again, I had a flashback of my past that I try to keep a secret but yet it still continues to haunt me to this day. Sometimes I forget what's reality and what's a flashback; that's how vivid they are. I can feel every hit thrown at me.

I almost feel lost in my old memories. I need someone to find me and bring me back to reality before my past grabs me and takes me...for good.