Chapter 7: Hopeless

"So how was your week, Emelia?" Mrs. Monroe asked, crossing her long legs over each other and tapping her pen on her clipboard making rhythmic beat.

I sighed, "Hard"

"Why's that?" She asked, rubbing her red lips together.

"You know why, I had another freak out." I replied, bouncing my leg up and down quickly on the ball of my foot.

"Were you alone this time?" She asked, writing something down.

"The first time no, I was with Cameron. I think I pretty much ruined that..." I trailed off, looking for the right word, "relationship?" I questioned myself.

"Has he called you?" She asked, still writing something down, looking up at me every couple seconds.

"No" I groaned, throwing my head back.

She raised her eyebrows, "Hopefully he'll come around." She said.

"I doubt it. This is the third time I did this! Why would he wanna hang out with me again?" I exclaimed, I was getting more and more upset

"There will other boys, Emelia." She tried to comfort me

I scoffed, turning my head away from her gaze, "Yeah, right."

After my session, I decided to just go home. I wasn't in the mood to be around happy teenagers. I should be happy, I should be living my life, I shouldn't have to worry about my depression getting in the way of any and everything I do. I just wanna be able to do anything I wanted without being reminded of my past by flashbacks.

Once I got home, I pulled out my hidden bag of marijuana and rolling paper from in the closet. After I rolled it up, I grabbed my lighter and lit it. I took a long inhale of it, holding in the smoke for a couple seconds before exhaling slowly. I leaned my head back and after a couple inhales, I felt my body relax.

A couple minutes later I finished it and threw it out. I plugged my phone up to my speakers and turned on some music. I just needed a day of relaxation. No stress, no worries.

I laid back on my couch, kicking off my vans and laying my legs over the couch arm. I closed my eyes and listened to the words of the music.

If you ever need me
Just tell me and I'll be there
Cause I was built for you
Yes I was built to carry all your feelings

Cause I won't let them know
I won't let you go baby
I don't care what your past is
I don't need no answers
Just have faith in me

Don't you know your secret's safe with me
All your worries can be put to, can be put to sleep
Don't you know your secret's safe with me
All your worries can be put to, can be put to sleep

As I sang along softly to the music, I was interrupted by the loud ringing of my cell phone. I grabbed my phone off the table and answered it, once again not paying attention to the caller ID.

"Hello?" I sighed, not really in the mood to talk.

"Emelia?" His familiar voice asked, "It's Cameron."

My stomach filled with butterflies but my heart was filled with pain and confusion, "Wow, you finally decide to call after a week I see." I said, anger seeping through my words.

"I know, I'm really sorry but I've been busy and I wanted to give you some time to talk because you seemed really upset." He explained, I could tell he was sincere.