Chapter 27: Special Occasions

The soothing sound of Ed Sheeran "Photograph" flowed throughout my room as I laid in my bed, eyes closed and propped up against my headboard on a few pillows. I didn't have anything planned today since Cameron told me he was busy so I decided to have a relaxation day.

Ever since I stood up to my mom and step dad two weeks ago, I've felt a lot better. The flashbacks were still there but they weren't as bad as usual. I knew it was gonna take time and I have to forgive them for what they did and move on but it's easier said than done. I've been trying though, I wanna get better not only for me but for Cameron. I know my issues effect Cameron as well but he doesn't say anything. I also wanna get better for Emery, I haven't seen her since the huge argument/conversation with them but I do know for a fact I wanna be apart of her life.

My deep thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my door bell ringing a few times faintly in the background of the music. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and paused the music, pushing myself off the bed and making my way down the stairs. I stopped in front of the mirror in the living room, fixing the loose pieces that had fallen from my messy bun and running my hands down my face. I quickly glanced down at my large oversized hoodie that fell right below my butt and my black yoga pants, shrugging at my appearance and walking to the door.

I stood on my tippy toes and looked through the peephole, not seeing anybody. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and unlocked the door, opening it slowly with the twist of my wrist. As I had seen through the peephole, nobody was there but there was a big bouquet of red, white and pink roses with a note attached to it.

I gasped quietly and opened the door fully, bending down and picking up the flowers and looking around for the person behind the flowers but saw nobody. I walked back inside the house, kicking the door closed behind me and locking it. I walked in to my kitchen and sat the bouquet on the counter, lifting my hand up to grasp the note.

"Hey beautiful, I have something special planned for tonight so be ready at 7. I'll have a ride pick you up, dress fancy but make sure you're comfortable. Can't wait to see you. - Cameron."

I smiled widely as my eyes skimmed the words, biting my lip anxiously as I thought about what he has planned for us and what the reason behind it was.

Whatever the reason, I was excited.

-

I looked at myself in the mirror for what felt like the hundredth time already, making sure everything was perfect. I ran my hands down my red bustier dress that stopped at my mid thigh. My hair was elegantly wavy and parted on the left. I closely examined my makeup; light smokey eye, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer/highlighter on my cheekbones and vibrant red lipstick.

For jewelry, I had decided on fake diamond studs. a golden spiked necklace, a few gold bangles and my gold rings on all my fingers with one gold full-finger placed on my ring finger. To top off my outfit, I wore my black gold studded wedges. I sighed in satisfaction, turning on the heels of my shoes and grabbing my black clutch and stuffed it with my phone, forty dollars just in case, mints and my lipstick.

Just as I finished putting my things in my clutch the doorbell rang and the nerves flowed throughout my body, sending a shiver down my spine. I quickly made my way down the stairs and to the door, not wanting to keep the person waiting. I snatched my keys off the table and swung the door open, revealing Bryant.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Bryant? What are you doing here?" I asked completely confused.

He chuckled, "It's nice to see you too Emelia,"

I shook my head, "Oh no I didn't mean it like that I just-"

"It's fine, I was just kidding. I'm your escort for tonight." He held out his arm, gesturing me to hold onto it.