Chapter 29: Warrior

Cameron's POV

I was laying in my bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling as music softly played in the background. My mind was racing about a bunch of things but the one that always seemed to pop up the most was Emelia. She's been through so much and I was so incredibly proud of her. She went from being so isolated and scared to trust anyone to being more open and trusting me, possibly even loving me.

The thought of her being in love with me gave me a weird feeling throughout my body, in a good way of course. Emelia was amazing and I was so honored to be in her life and to have her in mine. I seen her at her best and I've seen her at her worst. Even at her worst I still thought she was amazing. Finding out more about her past life gave me a better understanding of her actions. It kind of motivated me to change her outlook on people and show her that not everyone would leave her.

I wiped the smile that spread across my face and grabbed my phone out my black sweatpants pocket, checking for any text messages for Emelia. None. 

I checked the time, 2:35pm.

She would usually text me around this time, but then again she told me her mom called her in a rush and she wanted to get over there as quick as possible to make sure Emery was okay. I asked to go with her just to make sure everything went well but she told me there was no need, so I trust her. After all, she told me she'd call me once she's finished. 

Two Hours Later

"Cameron!" Nash shouted, bursting through my door frantically with his phone in his hand.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and pushing myself up in a sitting position on my bed.

He grabbed the remote that laid on the end of bed and flicked through the channels until he got to the news channel where there had been breaking news on a recent car crash.

"There was a horrific car crash on Spelmen street about thirty minutes ago. Witnesses say that the black jeep wrangle drove onto oncoming traffic and was hit by a truck. Everyone in the truck thankfully weren't hurt but the young lady in the Jeep was severely injured after witnesses say the car flipped over twice."

"Nash why are we watching this?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the screen.

"Just watch!" He exclaimed, it was obvious it was something important.

"The young lady in the jeep was identified as 19 year old Emelia Marie Garcia. She was immediately rushed to the hospital. We will keep everyone updated on the health of Emelia once we receive more information. Back to you Cyndie." 

My heart felt like it completely shattered. My eyes widen once I heard her name being said on television, I had to blink my eyes repeatedly to get them back in focus. My heart was racing and I felt a sudden burst of adrenaline.

"Oh god no..." I muttered, hopping up from my bed and pacing across the room from one wall to another.

"Dude we gotta find out what hospital she's at." Nash told me, running his hands though his hair.

I grabbed a regular black t-shirt from my dresser and threw it on, sliding on my shoes quickly. I didn't even make time to process anything, the only thing on my mind was finding Emelia and making sure she was alive and well.

An Hour Later

I burst the door of the hospital, whipping my head around as I searched for the receptionist office. I spotted it and ran for it, grabbing the counter to stop myself while breathing heavily. "Please tell me she's here, Please!" I exclaimed, leaning on the counter as I looked at the middle aged woman who looked completely befuddled.