Chapter 4: Special

I took a long inhale of my joint, feeling that burning sensation in my chest for the first time in months. Mrs. Monroe insisted I stopped since it wasn't good for me but it's the only thing that seems to calm my nerves down. My nerves have been extra jumpy lately and I need something to free me.

I closed my eyes and leaned back on my couch, the only sound I heard was the soft music of "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran. I exhaled slowly, not wanting to let go but I did. I took the last hit from my joint and put it out.

I couldn't stop my mind from thinking of Cameron and the boys, they were so worried or maybe they were freaked out or possibly both. I wish they understood but no one does and no one will. I'm a fucking train wreck and I have been since I was nine years old.

I wasn't always depressed, I use to be this happy little girl who loved to socialize and go outside. That all changed once my father left due to my mothers ignorance and then she re-married. My life took a spiraling change for the worst when I was promised it was for the better. I lost all contact to my father thanks to my mom and step-dad. I always still wonder if he still cares, where he is, how'd his life turn out or if he ever thought of me.

"Daddy, where are you going?" I asked, watching my dad pack his things in his huge black suitcase.

He looked at me once he finished, "U-Uh, daddy's going away for a little while" He picked me up and put me on his lap.

"Why?"

"You're too young to understand sweetie." He caressed my hair, tears reaching the brim of his eyes.

"Daddy, don't cry" I cooed, brushing my long brown, wavy, thick hair out my face.

He chuckled, the tears finally spilling from his golden hazel eyes, "I'm sorry sweetie."

I wrapped my little arms as far as they could go around his neck, "Are you coming back?" I asked

"Soon" he whispered, holding me tightly.

"Don't forget me" I said.

I may have only been seven but I was a very intelligent child and I knew that something was wrong. I knew he wasn't coming back, I had a feeling in my heart.

"I could never, you're my only little girl and I'll love you until the day I die." He cooed, tears soaking into my white shirt.

"Promise?" I held out my pinky.

He smiled, "I promise" he intertwined our pinkies and we kissed them.

That was the last time I seen my father.

I was taken out of my flashback by my home phone ringing. I jumped and sighed once I realized where I was. I felt tears slowly fall down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them while standing up. I walked over to the phone and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Emelia?!" An eager voice asked.

"Yes?" I dragged out suspiciously

"It's Cameron" He sighed a sigh of relief.

My heart started to beat fast, "H-How'd you get my house number?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Outgoing calls from yesterday."

I nodded, "Right. Well did I leave something again?"

"No, I wanted to know how you were. It's been bugging me all night if you made it home safe." He spoke sweetly.