Chapter 12: Breaking Dishes

Penelope had cried herself to sleep that night, she had a over 50 missed calls and texts mostly from Stephen but she couldn’t bring herself to answer any of them. She had gotten an ear full from her father about how vandalisms was wrong and she was once again grounded for a month. Anna on the other hand talked her father down to two weeks. When her alarm blared at 5:00 that morning she couldn’t manage to open her eyes. They were sealed shut from all the crying. Stumbling in the dark she made her way to the bathroom after washing her sealed eyes she looked up at the mirror. There were several claw like scratches on her skin.

I did it again, Penelope thought herself running her fingers along the length of her arm. She could feel tears springing to her still red puffy eyes. The sound of footsteps sent a straight panic to Penelope’s core she didn’t want anyone seeing her scars. She quickly jumped in shower letting the scalding hot water burn her skin. She wanted to jump back out but she knew someone was there standing in her bathroom.

“Pen.” Hunter groaned rubbing his head pacing back and forth through her bathroom. His head was pounding and he was in desperate need of sleep, but he knew he had to talk to Penelope first.

“Yeah.” She shouted over the running water.

“Why did you take the blame?”

“It wasn’t like I was going to get out the situation clean anyways. I mean if you’ve seen my file you would know.”

“Yeah, but you could have told them it was me too.”

“You’re already in trouble with dad about the flooding of the Dawson house. Besides Anna knows I didn’t do it so she talked dad down two weeks of being grounded. Now if you don’t mind I need to go finish getting ready to paint over your horrendous masterpiece.” Waited and listened for sound of her brother’s scrapping feet in defeat as he made his way out of her room and hopefully into his bed. The dead silence of the bathroom was reassuring. She let her back slide against the shower wall and cried.

Axel woke up stiff and reeking of last night’s alcohol and maybe hint of vomit. He couldn’t tell where he was, but he knew he wasn’t in his bed or a bed for that matter. He felt a head nuzzled against his chest. His gaze wandered down almost afraid to look. A bottle blonde was naked on top of him. He vaguely remember meeting her last night, but her name escaped him. He realized that they were in the back of her SUV he easily pulled himself out from under her trying his best not to wake her covering her with his blazer and placing her head on the seat. Taking time gathering his things and closing the car door gently he ran away from the car as fast as his bare feet would take him.

After making it a safe distance he slipped his pants on with ease not completely sure where he was. He pulled out his phone only to notice it was 10 am.

“Shit!” he shouted rubbing his face. He knew Penelope was going to be furious with him. Luckily for him he spotted his car in the parking lot of a bar. He knew he was going to have break a few laws if he was going to get to the school before Penelope finished the wall alone.

Penelope stood back looking at the newly painted beige wall and sighed. It was so bland. At least with the boys terrible artwork it gave the space some sort of color. Her dark blue jeans and white long sleeve were now covered in beige paint. She was certain she had paint in her hair. At first she had been irritated to show up at school on beautiful Saturday morning. Then when Axel hadn’t shown in first hour she was even more irritated. After a while the paintbrush in her hand had soothed her.

“Well done Miss Anderson.” Dean Winchester smiled putting a hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah now the wall is back to being plain and boring.” Penelope mumbled.