CHapter 17: Keeping It All Together.

*Picture of Heaven*

Penelope groaned as her head felt like a jack hammer were pounding inside her skull at an alarming rate. She rubbed her eyes glancing over the now trashed game room, before resting her head back on her hands. The maid wasn’t going to be happy about the mess. The girls laid across the room scatter articles of clothing and were lying in the most inconvenient position. A voice cleared its throat. Penelope lifted her head only to shiny pair of dress shoes and slacks. Penelope mentally cursed herself.

     “Hey Dad.” She groaned holding her head up.

     “My office after you appear more decent.” He said firmly his lips in a tight line. Penelope knew he was trying to maintain his cool.

     “Yes sir.” She grumbled trying to lift herself from in between the couch cushions trying to untangle her legs. Penelope only then noticed that she wasn’t wearing a top, only her rose color colored lace bra and grey work out shorts. She quickly grabbed her sweat shirt following her father into his office. Only looking back to give the girls one pleading look. Of course none of them saw due to being still passed out.

     Her father waited for Penelope to enter before closing the door. He gesture to the chair opposite of his desk. Penelope sat rubbing her temples and prepping her head for the storm that was coming.

     “Getting drunk on a Monday Penelope? I understand that people hate Mondays but you girls have school, which you didn’t even go to on Monday. You have midterms coming up Penelope damn it.” He said. Penelope could hear his anger even though he was yelling at her.

     “It was a pretty bad day yesterday Dad.” Penelope mumbled. She could see her father’s lips go into a tighter line. “Besides I can pass those midterms if I haven’t even been there for like whole year.”

     “I know how intelligent you are Penelope, which only makes me more disappointed in you.”

     If there was one word Penelope hated more than anything it was the word disappoint, it and all it varied counterparts. Even though her head was throbbing she shot her father a look. A simple look of disgust.

     “You’re disappointed in me?” she barked. “How about I’m disappointed in you? You let that whore take me away to live with her new family that treated worse than Cinderella and not once did you call me ask me if I was alright. Not once! Now I’m living with you and I’m trying my best here dad and I can’t change 8 years of the trouble making girl in few short months. On top of that you are never here. When you are you are locked up in this got damn office. You and Helen have some nerve telling me you are disappointed in me. I’m disappointed in you. You’ve failed me as parents.” Penelope shouted she hadn’t realized that tears had started streaming down her face. Her eyes now burned. She raised out of her seat storming to the door slamming it shut behind her.

     Heaven woke up again puking, she was really hoping that this morning sickness was going to go away soon. A knock on her bathroom door made her jump.

     “Heaven.” Stephen called.

     “Give me a minute.” She groaned wiping her mouth she quickly brushed her teeth. When she stepped out she found her brother sprawled out on her bed cuddle up with her pillows. He look almost child like.

     “Stephen what are you doing? Don’t you have a midterm this morning?” she asked shaking him.

     “I already took it. I just want to know when are you going to tell him?”

     “Tell who what?” Heaven asked shifting her eyes around the room.

     “Julian. Heaven, when are you going to tell him he got you pregnant?”