Chapter 15: Don't Make Me Your Enemy

Scarlett’s fingers felt tingly as Axel interweaved his with hers. People were staring as if they had never seen two people hold hands before. She was trying to let the evil glares pass and jaw dropping stare go, but it was really bothering her. After a minute or two Scarlett dropped Axel’s hand turned toward the hallway of people, who had been talking in hushed whispers and yelled.

     “Are your lives so fucking pathetic that you have stare down two people walking in the hall?” Scarlett hissed.

     Axel let out a small chuckle as he looked at all of the horrid face around him. He grabbed Scarlett by her waist pulling her into him, crashing his lips upon hers. The staring only continued only this time there was no sound coming from anyone around. When they finally parted Scarlett felt lighter and less agitated.

     “Come on before you rip someone’s head off before we even get you checked in.” he muttered.

     Scarlett quietly followed relocking their fingers together. As they approached the front office, Axel was met by groans from teachers and staff. Scarlett gave Axel a questioning look but he only smirked.

     “Hello Mrs. Frasier. I have new student ready to enroll in our fine establishment.” Axel said with a charming smile.

The women he addressed simply rolled her eyes handed a stack of paper to Scarlett never once looking her way. Scarlett scowled snatching the forms from her hand. The first bell rang and Axel stood next to Scarlett with no signs of leaving.

“Mr. Dawson even though your father contributes a substantial amount of money to this school you still need to get to class on time. I’m more than sure this young lady can find her way to class on her own.” Mrs. Frasier sneered her eyes finally locking on Scarlett with disgust.

“Yes well I’m sure that I can wait a few more minutes as you see I’m not going to let my girlfriend wander around these halls without me as escort Evelyn.” Axel explained his voice was clipped  

     Scarlett smile grew wide across her face she loved the sound of being his girlfriend.

     “Very well then Mr. Dawson, do as wish. Not like I need to tell you that.” Mrs. Frasier groaned getting up from her desk.

     Axel took a seat next to Scarlett resting his chin on top of her head. It felt strange to him calling her his girlfriend he hadn’t yet decided wither it was a good thing or not. He choose not to think about it because in this moment he could tell she was happy and he didn’t want to ruin that.

     Caroline was late to school again. She and Matt had been making out in the back seat of her car and lost all track of time. Caroline was wondering what was taking Matt so long to go all the way with her. She was practically throwing herself at him. Yet she was laying their half naked pulling him and he would always stop her with no explanation. She was really starting to wonder how into her he really was. Yeah sure they had actually defined their relationship but she didn’t think that mattered. Every time he brought it up she would shoot it down. She liked what they were and she hoped that would be good enough for him. After getting her tardy pass she noticed a purple hair girl walking hand and hand with Axel.  She made ran to catch up with him.

     “Hey Axe!” She shouted.

     Axel turned around letting go of the girl’s hand racing towards Caroline scooping her up in his arms. Scarlett’s face burned with envy.

     “Care Bear. I missed you. I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever.” He beamed twirling Caroline around.

     “Don’t call me that.” She swatted his chest playfully. “it’s only been a few days.”