CHAPTER THREE: PATIENT

I sat in my room, throwing a blue ball up in the air. I had my music blasting on my CD player, ACDC at high volume. I threw the ball higher. It bounced on the ceiling, a few bits falling onto me. I sat up, brushing it off. I sighed, growing bored. I had done my homework before. I had already unpacked and my aunt was having her first patient today. My aunt was a psychiatrist and had decided to have her office here. My stomach grumbled. It continued to complain loudly. When was the last time I ate?

The patient would be here at 11:30. I checked my clock. 11:25. I could grab a sandwich quick and bring it up to my room. Getting up from my bed, I left my room and walked down stairs. I went to the kitchen, taking out bread and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I bit into it, savoring the taste. I was done in seconds and I placed the things into the fridge. I looked at the clock. 11:31. Crap. I had to pass by my aunts office if I wanted to get to my room. My aunt hated being interrupted during sessions. I could sneak by. And maybe the patient wasn't here yet.

So I walked out of the kitchen. My hopes were crushed as I heard talking into the other room. I could get by quickly and quietly. I tiptoed so soundlessly, I couldn't hear my footsteps. I came near the room. I could clearly hear the voices.

"I prepare for the noble war." I heard a voice say. It sounded like a guy. I stopped. I knew I shouldn't. I really knew I shouldn't. I couldn't. My aunt would be so pissed. But even if I had these thoughts, I couldn't help it. I stopped in my place, peeking around the corner. I saw my aunt with a notepad in her hands. She sat in a chair while a boy sat on a couch. A boy with bright blonde hair with dark chocolate brown eyes. The guy in my window yesterday. He wore a long black and green striped sweater. I couldn't help but stare in wonder. He was beyond cute. Wait why would I think that?

"I'm calm, I know the secret, I know what's coming, and I know no one can stop me, including myself." He said and I rose a brow. What was he talking about?

"Do you think people are unkind to you?" Ally asked. "Anyone that is mean or hurtful?"

"I kill people I like." Ok so he was physco.

"A cute physco." I thought and I mentally smacked myself. He continued.

"Some people begged for their life. I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. It's a filthy world we live in. A filthy goddamn helpless world." I had to agree with him there. "I feel like I'm helping to take them away from the shit and the piss and the vomit that run in the streets. I'm helping to take them somewhere clean and kind.

"There's something about all that blood man. I drown in it. The Indians believed that blood holds all the bad spirits, and once a month in ceremonies they would cut themselves to let the spirits go free. There's something smart about that. Very smart. I like that." His eyes suddenly flicker to behind my aunt and he shifts. "You think I'm crazy?"

"No. I personally think you are very Creative." My aunt says but I can see she is lying. "But I also think you have a pain. A pain you cannot bring yourself to deal with."

"My mother's probably worried about me, right?" The boy said.

"I'm sure she is."

"She's a cocksucker." I did a double take. "I mean, literally, a cocksucker. She used to suck the guy next door, all the time. My dad found out and he left. He left me alone. He left me alone with a cocksucker. Can you imagine? How sick is that?" I think he was sick. I mean I understand his situation but the way he described his mother was horrible. But his father leaving struck me, making me flinch a bit.

"I have heard of things worse." My aunt said.

"Cool. Can you tell me some? I like stories." He said and I held back a chuckle.

"No. I can't." She said firmly and he leaned back in his chair.

"The world is a filthy place. It's a filthy goddamn horror show. There's so much pain, you know? There's so much." He said once more. I needed to go. My aunt would catch me if I didn't. Suddenly, as if sensing me, he turned his head my direction. We locked eyes. We stared at each other for a moment. A smirk tugged the corner of his lips and I went behind the wall.

"Tate?" I heard Ally say.

"Yes." He answered.

"What were you looking at?

"Nothing."

I had managed to slip past them by without Ally noticing. So, his name was Tate. I had never heard a name like that before. Strange yet cool at the same time. His little speech rung threw my head. I did agree with him on some things. The others, not so much. But hey, it was a free country, people could say what they want. I wonder what they were talking about? Had he killed people? No. He wouldn't be here if he had. He was probably lying. Or maybe some dream. That is what Ally normally talked about with her patients.

But the way he said it sounded like he wasn't lying. I sighed, running a hand threw my hair. I opened the door to my room, closing the door.