CHAPTER NINETEEN: INFORMATION

I had woken up that morning in the covers of my bed alone. I blinked a bit, the sun shining threw my window. What had happened last night? It felt hazy but then everything came back like a slap in the face. I had tried to kill myself. I had went into the bathroom. I had almost done it. Why didn't I again? I then remembered the events following. Tate. Tate had come in and stopped me. I sat up with a smile. He asked me to be his girlfriend. I felt a warmness rise up my cheeks and I didn't move to make it go down.

"Callie!" I heard down stairs and my head snapped up. "Breakfast!" I sigh, getting out of bed and walking to my door. I was about to leave when I looked back at my room. I saw myself and Tate on the bed, smiling and laughing. A smile crept up my face and then I left my room. I needed to act normal in front of Ally. Something I new all too well how to do. I come downstairs and walk into the kitchen to find Ally sitting at the counter. I raise a brow until I know just who is standing in front of the oven. The maid with red hair to bright not to be dyed turned around and I saw her eyes. Or more like her one eye and other ghost eye. I still couldn't get over how it seemed to stare at me and look into my very soul. Ally turned to me.

"Morning, sweetie." She greets and I sit next to her.

"Good morning." I say sweetly but I eyed the maid. She gave me a small, crooked, smile then placed a plate in front of me. I looked down to see a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. My favorite breakfast food.

"Moria made us a pancake breakfast. What do you say?" Ally asked. I ground my teeth a bit but hid it well. I looked up at the red haired women.

"Thank you." I say and she nods her head.

"You are welcome." She says. She then turned around and went back to the stove. I don't care how old or polite she is. She gave me a strange feeling I just couldn't wave off.

At school I, despite what she has done to me, have been talking to Leah. She had a pretty messed up face but covered it with a large bandage on the side of her face. Also wearing a hat, thinking her hair was going white. Everyday we talked for a while, sitting on the edge of an old empty pool people sometimes used for skateboarding or making out. I now sat there, my legs hanging over the ledge. School was boring and Leah agreed so we ditched. She had her head hanging low, staring at the bottom of the pool. I think of something.

"Does it hurt?" I ask and she glances at me. She sighs.

"Sometimes." She answers. "I have pills to make the pain go away though. Benadryl or some shit like that." We were silent once more. I thought of what happened. The darkness. The lights. Tate. The monster. I was still mad at Tate but I tried not to think of that. She then turned swiftly to me and I lifted a brow. "You saw it right. Please tell me you saw it so I don't think I'm going crazy." She had glasses on but I could tell she was worrying.

"I saw it too." I whisper. She let out a small gasp and looked away. I was secretly glad she said something. I thought I was crazy too. We both saw it. It wasn't Tate. It was something else. I looked at the pool as well. And I lived in the house that it occupied.

"What was it." She muttered to me. I shook my head.

"I don't know." I say. She suddenly took out something from her purse and I saw it was a cigarette. I rose a brow. "I thought you hated smoking?"

"I decided to take it up." She said. In that case.

"You have another one?" I ask and she pulls one out, handing it to me. She gets a lighter and lights both of ours. I take it to my mouth, having a drag and then exhaling. I then had a thought.