CHAPTER FIFTEEN: DARE

Third Person's POV

Tate stood in the basement, watching as Callie ran away from him. Even after she left he stared at the door before he yelled out, punching the wall. It didn't hurt. He growl, hitting over and over. Nothing happened. Normally blood or a large strikes of pain going up her arm. But that wouldn't happen with him. He had made sure of that. He had made sure to seal his fate. And image flashed in his brain and he flinched.

He reached his hands up to his head, his eyes wide staring at the floor. Another flash. A boy. Covered in war paint. Walking down the halls of what looked like a school. He began to shake his head furiously.

"Get out!" He screamed. He pounded his fists against his skull. "Get out! Get out!" Tear welled up in his eyes and he shut them tight. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" It finally left just as quickly as it came and he opened his eyes, breathing heavily. He slowly let his hands fall to his sides, mouth slightly open. He sat on a stair step, leaning down. Why would Callie run away? He thought. He was trying to help her.

That girl. Leah or whatever the hell her name was. She had hurt Callie. At the mere thought of that a vicious anger took hold of him. She deserved what she got. She deserved worse. She deserved to die. But then why didn't Callie feel the same way? That bully constantly tormented her and he had stopped her. Callie look afraid. Not grateful for what he had done. She was never going to come back now.

No. Yes she was. He was going to make it happen. He was going to have her back. He would do whatever it took. Whatever it took. Anything at this moment could not stop Tate. He slowly rose up, walking out of the basement using the special door in the back. He couldn't go far of course but he stood right in front of the large building. He rounded the corner and saw Callie's bedroom window.

He saw the curtains draped in front. That was the first time he saw her. Hanging up those curtains. The first time he had felt something in years. She had done that to him. It was making him crazy. He wished she would look out her window, just so he could see her face. Her long curly brown hair that tumbled down her shoulders. Her hazel kind eyes. And most of all that sweet smile. A sweet smile she only gave him when he entered the room.

That was going to happen again. Nothing would stop him. He smiled to himself. They would be back together soon. He dared anyone to do something about it.