CHAPTER FOUR: NOISES

The weekend was here, meaning I didn't have to deal with the idiots at school. My aunt had told me when I woke up she wouldn't be here, on an errand or something. So I had basically the whole morning to myself. So I decided to do a little exploring my new house.

I started with the first floor. I looked in every room, working myself up. I went to the second floor, opening a door to a spare bedroom. It was small, a little window the far end of the room. I walked in. The wooden floor was dirty, and dusty. Guess this room hadn't been cleaned in a while.

I ran a finger on the window. Dust lingered on my finger and I brushed it off. I couldn't even see out of the window itself. I suddenly heard a creek behind me and I twirled around. Just as I did I swore I saw something pass by. I rose a brow. I stepped outside the doorway. I looked to my right and down the hall but I found nothing. I felt a chill ride up my spine. I had always had that instinct. I could tell when something is wrong.

"Ally?" I called out. No one answered. I walked down the hallway cautiously. All I saw were the many rooms and stairs under me. I couldn't see any doors open so I breathed out, walking down the stairs. That is when I heard giggling. I froze, spinning behind me. I couldn't see anything. But I had just heard giggling. Like two boys laughing. I walked a bit faster down the stairs and to the first floor. I looked back up the stairs. Nothing. I was being paranoid. I gave a slight chuckle and continued to walk.

I looked at other bedrooms. I had walked into every bathroom. On every floor. I swore this place was like a maze. A maze of doors. Rooms. Every time I turned it was something new. To be entirely truthful I thought it was a bit creepy. How everything was so quiet. I had never liked silence. It always made me twitch. I needed noise. That is why when it was quiet I would blast music or make something happen.

A sort of habit of mine. A weird one at that. Maybe that is why I never really had many friends. People thought I was weird. Strange. A girl whos family was torn apart. Torn apart by an accident. An accident that was never supposed to happen in the first place. It flashed before my eyes. A headache striking my brain so fast I flinched. I stopped mid step, trying to make it go away. After awhile it did. The pain coming down slowly to a point I could barely feel it. But it was still there.

I sighed. Once again my mind destroyed my train of thought. It was funny though. The mind and thoughts were supposed to work together, not apart. I rubbed my temples before walking again. I wonder if there was anything to do around here than just walk around. I was starting to become bored. And I was not bored easily. I took my phone out from my back pocket. 11:15. So I had another hour or so before Ally got home.

I looked in the living room. Ally had gotten to work on some sort of mural. Behind the wallpaper I was some of it. I went up, tearing a piece off. I saw a pig with fangs over a man with a white beard and red cloak. I shuddered. Whoever owned this place before us had some seriously bad taste in art. It wasn't the disgusting factor about it, that part I quite liked. But it was the vibe.

The horrible, itching vibe of something...bad. I just couldn't quite place it. It was if cold hands slid up my neck, making the hairs on my neck stand on edge. I moved away, deciding to go look at other things. So I turned around, walking out of the room.

So far I had searched everything. I came to the other pair of stairs and was about to pass it when I spotted something. I saw a little door on the white paint. I didn't see this door before. My curiosity took over me and I reached for the door handle.

I pulled it open and I saw only darkness. I felt a bit cautious but descended down. Dust blew in my face and I coughed. I kept walking down. I saw a bit of light and came to the floor. It was stone, different from the normal wood. A white bench was pressed against the left of the wall right in front of me and several spiderwebs hung from the corners.

I turned and saw a small room. I saw a light switch and turned it on. A dim light lit up on the ceiling and I could see the room clearly. It was grey. All of it. The floor, stone. The walls, cement. I saw a rocking chair to the far right. I felt a wind move past my back, making bits of my hair move. I turned around. How was there wind? The only window here was closed. I felt chills once more and I thought maybe I should leave. I backed away slowly, going up the steps, I left.

Even as I left I stared at the basement door. And as I did I felt a tug on my hair. I whipped around. Nothing was there. That was enough.

"Who is there?" I called out. Nothing once more. I growled in the back of my throat, covering my fear with anger. I walked or more like jogged very fast to my room. I just wouldn't deal with it. I was going to stay in my room until Ally got home. Probably bringing home food. Then we could watch some movies. I could read and listen to music. Nothing big. Just sit and read a book. Just like I had always done. So I walked up the stairs, ignoring the feel of eyes on me. P-a-r-a-n-o-i-d. Something I had always had and always with have.

Soon I came to my door. I opened it up, looking at the ground. But when I looked up once more, I gasped at what I saw.