CHAPTER FIVE: SURPRISE VISITOR

What I saw was none other than my aunt's patient. Blonde hair covered one half of his face, hiding one eye so dark is might as well have been black. Tate. His clothes matched his eyes, a black hoodie with dark blue jeans. His was crouched down in front of my crate of CD's, running over them with his finger. He heard me come in and turned to me. His face was blank and he stood up. Even from here I could tell he was taller than me. I couldn't believe he was in my room. Why was my aunt's patient in my room?

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask, crossing my arms. I tried not to think of the fact I was all alone with in a house with a guy who was possible dangerous. He nodded at my CD's.

"You have quite a collection." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks. You didn't answer my question. What are you doing in my room?" I said, not hiding the harshness in my voice. He flinched the tiniest bit but hid it well.

"The door was open. I was searching for Dr. Rose." He explained. He tilted his head. "I also saw you during my first session." I kept a straight face.

"I think you should leave." I said even though I felt a jerk at the thought of not looking at him anymore. His face changed completely. He looked down, as if upset. He went to walk past me but then I heard the door open.

"Sweetie! I'm home!" I heard and I could feel my eyes widen. She couldn't see her patient in here with me. I stopped him, pushing him back slightly and closed my door.

"I'm in my room!" I called out.

"I'm going to start making lunch!"

"Ok!" I pressed my ear against the door. I heard her footsteps walk away. I breathed out. I turned back to Tate and he rose a brow.

"Am I staying now?" He asked.

"No." I answered. I looked around, I spotted my window. I went over to it, moving the curtains and opening the window. I looked down. I could see it was quite a jump. There were no pipes on the outside to climb on. I groaned. I put my head back in my room, closing the window. I turned around to find Tate watching me. "Ok. You can't go out that way." I racked my brain for answers. How could I get him out of my room. I could feel his eyes on me and I looked up. "Can you stop staring at me?"

"What else should I be looking at?" He asked in a truthful voice.

"Why would you come into my room?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Wanted to."

"You can't just come into people's room!"

"Why?"

"Because you-you just can't!" I sighed. I couldn't really think with him looking at me. His dark eyes looking over me. His handsome face...ugh stop! I needed to get him out of here. Maybe I could sneak him out the back. I nodded. That could work. I turned to him. "Follow me." I went up to him, taking him by the sleeve. I slowly opened the door, looking out. The coast was clear for now. I pulled him out the door. I made a shushing gesture with my finger to him. He returned it with a small smirk.

I quietly walked down and he did the same. I came to the end of the staircase and looked around the corner. I saw Ally working around the kitchen, her red hair in a bun at the nape of her neck. Her back was turned to me, trying to work the stove. I took my chance. I pulled Tate around the staircase. I walked quickly but quietly, working my way to the back door. During all of this, my hand had wrapped around his. I ignored this fact. I saw the opening to the large backyard.

Brick pillars edged into the ceiling, creating large circles. I sat there normally in my free time here. Watching the colorful trees and bugs move on with their lives. I turned to Tate, letting go of his hand. He glanced down at it before looking at me in the eyes. I stared into them. The darkness of his eyes pulling me in. It was like a black abyss that I would forever swim in. I gave a small shake of my head before snapping out of it.

"Ok. You need to go now. However you got here you take that to leave." I tell him but he doesn't move.

"Why were you watching me during my session?" He asked. His question was simple, flat. It startled me. I didn't answer. "Why are you not answering me."

"Because I don't know how to answer." I said immediately. Whoops. He smiled.

"Why?" He asked. I wasn't answering anymore questions.

"You need to go." I said, crossing my arms. His smile faded and he looked at the floor.

"I understand." He said, but then he looked up. "See you later." He then walked off. I watched him as he left until he rounded the corner. I walked back to my room. I didn't know why but I didn't really mind the fact he had come into my room.