CHAPTER NINE: KISS

I came home from school with a bloody nose. I knew it wasn't broken but it hurt like it. That same girl Leah, whatever the hell her name was, decided she wanted another go at me. She did it herself this time. Punching me in my nose. God I wanted to just throw her off a building. Luckily, I knew Ally wasn't going to be home. She had a new patient she had to see herself, away from the house. My nose hurt like hell and I wiped away a tear.

I had completely ditched school, running out after getting into the fight. I just couldn't deal with it. I hated it. I hated the school. I hated LA. I hated everything. I just wanted to go back to Maine. I wanted to go back so badly.

I walked in, throwing my stuff down on the floor by the door. I went into the kitchen, going into the freezer and getting some ice. Putting it in bag, I went to the sink, washing the blood off. I was about to lift the ice pack to my nose was I saw a very familiar boy in the doorway. His blonde hair was messy, out of place. His brown eyes looked darker, hidden beneath shadows. When looking at my state his eyes turned sad. His eyes creasing.

"What happened?" He asked. I knew was hair was messy. My eyes red and puffy from crying. Red blood coming out of my nose. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt a lot more subconscious. I wiped a stray tear from my eye.

"What are you doing here? Ally isn't in." I sniffle. He walked forward towards me. I stayed still, not moving away when his shoes were suddenly against mine. He looked at me with care in his eyes. He looked to my hand and took the ice pack. He lifted it slowly, to my nose. I flinched a bit when it stung and he pulled back.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answer. He puts the bag back on my nose and I stop myself from flinching this time. He stared at me while tending to my nose. The pain was subsiding, but I didn't think it was from the ice pack. He gave a small smile.

"Better?" He asked and I smiled, nodding. He removes the ice pack setting it on the counter. He looked back at me. His chest was flush against mine. He was so tall I had to look up to meet his eyes. His dark brown eyes I could get lost in. I know I didn't know him that well but I felt like I could talk to him. Once again I found myself near him. Only the smallest bit of air keeping us apart. A sliver. I wanted to close it.

My eyes flickered to his lips and his eyes traveled down to mine. He looked back at me. I knew what was coming. I felt myself lean forward. He did as well. And then in a rush he crashed his lips to mine. I was startled at first but melted into it. Our lips moved in sync. My eyes closed at the sensation. He tilted his head so his nose wouldn't touch mine. His thumb brushed my cheek. His lips were soft against my chapped ones, settling my nerves. We soon had to break for air. Too soon in my opinion. I opened my eyes to meet his. I had never kissed anyone before. And I had to say it wasn't to bad.

"Good?" He said with a smirk. I blushed deeply and he looked down, his cheeks flushing as well.

"Yeah." I admit. He looked back up at me again, seeming a little surprise.

"Would you...like to do it again?" He asked and I smiled. I leaned in, feeling his lips on mine once more. His lips were hard and cold against mine but I didn't care. He slid his hands around my waist and I put mine around his neck, feeling his tangled hair in my hands. As he deepened the kiss, I found myself unable to resit. I had trouble thinking, my mind becoming fuzzy. He suddenly pressed me against the countertop, his hands on either side of my head on the wall behind me.

He suddenly broke off from the kiss, his lips moving to my neck. He at first grazed it, making me shudder. What was I doing? I couldn't be doing this. What if Ally walked in? Finding me basically a complete mess in front of her patient. She would be furious! But the more I thought about it, the more my brain pushed it away. He suddenly stopped, looking past me.

"What is it?" I said, half breathless.

"Your aunt's here." He said.

"What?" I turned my head around to see the window behind me. I saw Ally's black jeep rolling up in the driveway. I cursed under my breath, turning back to Tate. He was already looking at me. He backed away from me. I leaned off the counter. He had to get out. Like, right now. "You need to get out of here." He nodded.

"I'll see you later." He said and turned around swiftly, leaving the room. I threw the ice in the drain and ran upstairs to my room. I shut the door just as I heard the one downstairs open. I looked in the mirror. The blood was gone and the bruise seemed to be somewhat healed. If she asked, I would just tell her I had run into something. A wall? Ugh, I'll just make something up. I walked over to my bed, sitting on it criss crossed.

I thought about what had just happened. Tate helping me. Tate kissing me. I could still feel his lips. Ever so soft. I could still feel his touch on my waist, the way he kissed my neck. I ran a finger over my lips just slightly. They still tingled.

I didn't know what would happen now. I had just had my first kiss with someone I barely knew. In secret. My aunt found out about everything. How long could I keep this from her? What if Tate said something during a session? He wouldn't. I knew he wouldn't. It was strange that he seemed so caring. So kind. When I had first seen him he looked physco. Talking about death. But I wasn't so perfect. I had thought about that stuff too. It was his time to vent so I couldn't blame him.

I sighed, lying back on my bed. I felt a slight smile creep up my face. I didn't even care about the throb of my nose. I had been kissed. And a kiss that I probably would never forget.