|Chapter 8|

|Dalton|

Nico was sitting at the table with his notebook out. Once again he had decided that the 'team' was back for a bit. 'Because him and Isabella's brilliant mind decided to call themselves a team that solves mysteries and things like that.'

They had done it. Isabella and Nico had made a team from the whole The First conflict that went on. They did it and showed us a paper with the name listing the things they did. Isabella was mostly helping Nico for when he wanted to become a P.I. and help people out.

More of the people who didn't know about the supernatural world then anything. For all they know, they are being tormented by a vampire and they look like their dead love. 'That's what Nico said and he wants to help those people. But they had a weird name.'

The Hunting Wolves and Knight.

It was really weird, but the two came up with it and refused to change it. I loved both of them. I loved my brother and my girlfriend. Even though she is strange at times and simply went along with it. But Isabella was always strange at times.

I had grown use to it and was interested in what could happen next. Even enjoyed it sometimes. Nico looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "So you want to bargain with the vampires?" Nico asked. "Could be helpful." I responded. Nico nodded. 'I still don't think it is which is why I say we attack.'

"What if one wants Isabella to be their beloved and become their immortal enforcer?" Nico asked. "Then I will tear them to bits for even thinking of that. Isabella is my girlfriend and my mate. She will always be it. If they even imply it the coven will be no more and I'll let Isabella grenade those fuckers and set it on fire, so they'll be wise to think before they speak." I told Nico. 'I will personally tear the one who suggests it apart if they try to do that and make it a long painful death.'

Jealousy had faded with Isabella. Derik had his mate and Lucas was gay. There was one to be jealous of and Isabella showed signs of intense loyalty. Even when we weren't dating she never checked guys out. Isabella even showed signs of jealousy over me which was cute.

Really cute. Especially when back when we first came to NYC and she kissed me to make a waitress jealous. The waitress was flirting with me and they did a contest to earn a kiss. And of course Isabella won and simply kissed me to make the waitress jealous.

'Which had been quite nice. Isabella's lips are quite soft.' "Well maybe you should be prepared for that. They want something from Isabella. Maybe even her immortality." Nico said. "Which they aren't getting either." I replied. "Dalton they want something." Nico said. "We'll pay them off if it comes to it." I said.

"Just be prepared for them to want something." Nico said. "As long as it isn't bad or something either of us can agree to." I responded. "And if it isn't?" Nico asked. 'You know my plan will work if that happens maybe even Isabella's plan will work at that point.'

"Then we attack them and remind them what happened to the last vampires who trifled with our pack and someone's mate." I told Nico. "Which ended in a fight, are you prepared for that after all that peace we had?" Nico asked and I nodded at Nico who smiled before writing something down.

"In times of peace prepare for war." Nico said. "Be prepared for what could happen." Nico said. "I will." I said watching Nico who nodded at that. Andrew came out followed by Orchid. "Discussing the vampires?" Andrew asked.

'Do you two have a weird werewolf telepathy.' 'Answer the question yourself, we told Isabella we didn't so there's your answer.' "Yes." I said as Orchid stood next to him. Orchid wore a dark red dress with a lace topping and sleeves that were short and made of lace. Then heeled boots and a ruby bracelet.