Chapter 21

Naruko fought the ninja that opposed her, she was getting repeated blows from the man. Naruko was trembling the pain radiating in her body, the metallic taste of blood in her mouth.

She fell to her knees, the man grabbed her by her hair which was loosened from it's pigtails. He dragged her passed Naruto and towards the hokage building.

Naruko wriggled with her remaining strength, she felt a needle stab into her neck base. She cried out in pain and clenched her teeth. She went limp.

The male picked her up throw her over his shoulder, he dropped the needle and walked away with the unconscious girl. Naruto screamed out in rage and charged at the masked male.

The man swifly hit his pressure points and threw the unconscious male to the side. He walked behind the other male leaving Naruto in the cold rainy night.

****
Sasuke felt a tinge of anxiety, he felt his chest pain. A sharp pain, he fell to his knees his eyes closing tightly. Sai was panting while pulling his bloody sword from the deceased teenage Uchiha male.

He looked at Sasuke's pale face, Sasuke was breathing hard his tears gliding down his cheeks. He felt that something was wrong.

"We need to get to Ai." Sasuke said when Sai helped him up, they walked slowly in the night towards Konoha.

****
All team members gathered at the hotel room Ai was in, the blood clones were silent and kept their eyes on Ai. Sasuke stared at them, they walked slowly towards him and stared at him.

"We have a problem."

"Yeah." Naruto said taking out the injection from his pouch pocket, he held the ice pack to his head.

Sasuke stared at them and a feeling of dread came onto him, he was breathing hard his eyes glossy with tears. Sakura sat beside Naruto, Ai was silent the whole time.

Which was unnatural, she sat in the corner her black hair in her face. She looked at Sakura who was looking downwards, bruises on her face and cheeks.

"You're happy aren't you?" Ai asked in a cold tone, everyone turned to Ai.

She had her eyes closed, tears glided down her cheeks. Sasuke slowly walked to her, he knelt down before her and placed his hands on her sligtly pale face.

Ai didn't look well.

"My mom is gone." Ai said in a cold tone, her eyes slowly opened.
They were cast on the floor, Sasuke tried to place his hand on her shoulder. She slapped them away and yelled in anger.

"LEAVE ME ALONE, I WANT MOM NOT THESE CLONES!" Ai spat in anger, Sasuke stared at her.

"Dad didn't you promise to protect her, you did when you left, if she's d-dea-"

"Enough Ai!" Sasuke yelled out, Ai closed her mouth and stared at her father.

"I will never forgive you."

"Ai?"

"Mom said she loved you but to love someone you let them go, not like this, I need her." Ai said in a wobbly tone, Sasuke felt his blood run cold.

Sakura stared with darkened eyes at Ai, the small girl began to breathe in and out quickly. Ai wiped her tears from her eyes and placed her hand on her mouth.

Sasuke pulled Ai into a tight hug and held her close, they all froze when the blood clones disappeared. Sakura felt her heart skip a beat, Naruto felt his heart drop.

Ai looked down her lip wobbling, her tears filled in her eyes. She began to sob ignoring her parents, Ai's shoulders trembled when she cried out.

"Mom." Ai cried out in grief, Sasuke began stroking her black hair.

****
"Look at this." A man said looking at Naruto.

She was sitting on a chair, she had her wrists buckled behind her with a chakra depleting chain. She was unconscious her blonde hair in her face, she had her legs chained together with a reinforced chain.

"We have the jinchuriki."

"Then we might as well use her as a weapon." A man said, hidden in the shadows.

Naruko sat unconscious on the chair her head tilted forward.

****
"How can we screw up like this?!" Naruto yelled in anger, he placed his hands on his head.

Sasuke sat on a chair, his eyes drained of every happiness he held. He kept thinking of Ai anf what pained him is that if she knew that Naruko had been captured.

Sasuke closed his eyes, he kept quiet while Naruto yelled at all of them.

"Someone must've ratted us out that she'd be with us." Naruto said in a low tone, Sasuke opened his red eyes.

"Do you realise the extent of damage we have done?" Sakura said, she looked at Sasuke.

He hadn't said anything since they arrived at the hotel lobby, they then retreated to Sakura's room. He just sat on a chair, his face pale and his eyes cast on the floor.

Sakura clenched her jaw, now he'd surely show what he felt about Naruko or her.

"I gotta go...my child needs me." Sasuke mumbled standing up, Naruto felt his eyes widen.

He had completely forgot about Ai. He looked at Sasuke walking away, the man was surely thinking very deeply about something.

****
"Ai?" Sasuke said opening the room door, he looked around the room.

No signs of blood clones nor Ai. He walked around the room, he stopped when he heard sniffling. Sasuke rushed to the sound, he pulled the curtain. In a corner Ai sat clenching the necklace Naruko always wore.

The Uchiha Uzumaki crest necklace sat clenched in her small hands, tears rolled down her wet cheeks. She looked at her father, rose to her feet and ran into his arms.

Sasuke held her close, his eyes tightly closed. He felt his eyes sting as tears formed, he breathed slowly. Ai wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, she cried sobbing onto his shoulders.

As though the world knew.

Thunder rumbled and lightning struck, a heavy rain fell over Konoha. Sasuke held his daughter in his arms, the whole night he sat sleeplessness his companion.

He sat on the bed, in his arms Ai was securely held. He rocked back and forth. She wouldn't sleep.

"Mom said she loved me and promised to be back."

"She never breaks her promises." Sasuke said patting her head gently, Ai looked at her father.

"Do you know what mom always sang for me?" Ai asked, Sasuke smiled his eyes on his little girl.

"My voice might scare you off."

"Dad." Ai said laughing, Sasuke shook his head and took a deep breathe.

"Ahem." Sasuke said clearing his throat, this made Ai laugh.

"You are my light.
You are my hope.

I will protect you.
With my whole being.
A love so sweet.
Can never be broken.

You are a special one.
Made of love.
You are a ray of hope.
I can't live without.

No star in the sky.
Can compare to your preciousness.

I will be with you forever.
Even when I'm not.

I will love you more than the sun or moon.
My little angel." Sasuke sang his eyes on Ai, she had her eyes closed and was sleeping in his arms.

Sasuke sighed his eyebrows furrowed, he looked ahead and knew where he had to go.

****
Thank you for reading.

Pls comment and vote.

Is the storyline making sense?

I would love to hear from you and thanks for all the support.

Whoop.