Chapter 3

Hog Wild

Today we were all watching Drew in one of his fights. I enjoyed watching Drew fighting, it was something he took up when he joined the Army Reserves. But Krista took enjoying this to a whole new level, she was shouting every 2 seconds something different.

But all it took was one punch to turn this fight into something that wasn't fun. As Drew celebrated the referee called for a medic, which straight away brought out the doctor in Drew. I quickly called an ambulance and the man was taken to SAM.

As TC and I were laughing at Kenny and Krista's prank on Paul one of the nurses came up to us.

''TC, hunting accident out near Medina. Ambulance can't get to them. Medevac's waiting.''

''On it.'' He replied.

''Paul, your up.'' I shouted as TC turned to grab their gear. Everyone started cheering as Paul followed him.

As everyone cleared out, back to their jobs, Topher and I went to the nurses desk talking about Linn and Janet. Then I spotted a little girl wander in the door.

''Hey Topher, look.'' I said nodding towards the girl. We both headed over to her.

''Hey ,Do you work here?'' Topher asked trying to be funny.

'' No. I'm 9 years old.'' She replied

'' You're right. Silly question.'' He stated.''I don't feel good. My head hurts. I feel like I'm gonna throw up. '' She said holding her stomach.''You're in the right place. Where's your mom?'' I asked, bending down slightly.

''She died.''

-''And your dad?''

''He's at the refinery.''

''How'd you get here?'' Topher asked.

'' I took the bus.'' She answered. ''The 93 Express to the Transit Centre, then the 100.''

''That's pretty impressive.'' I stated, after all she was nine years old.

'' Not really. I mean, it's all online.''

''That Yeah, of course.'' Topher laughed. ''What's your name?''

'' Kylie.'' She said.

''Kylie, I'm Topher and this is Kate''
"Let's call your dad.'' I said and we guided her towards the break room. Topher left to try and find her dad.

''Hey Kylie you like chocolate.'' I asked. She smiled and nodded in reply.

''I'll be right back.'' I said before leaving the break room.

When I arrived back, Topher had taken her to a room to exam her. As I headed down the hall, I seen Topher talking to what I assumed was the girls father and it seemed like a heated conversation.

''Well he seems lovely.'' I said as the dad walked away.

''Yeh somethings up.'' He replied.

We got the girl down to MRI.

''So this giant tube's gonna take a picture of your head. Now it doesn't hurt, but it is noisy. So, I What? What is? These should help with that.'' Topher 'magically' pulled 2 ear plugs out from behind her ear.

''I'm gonna strap you in, okay? Now, I like to pretend I'm in a rocket ship going out into outer space.'' I told her as she lay down.''Space is a cold vacuum.'' She replied factualy.''Yes, I guess it is.'' I laughed

''Hey, remember, still as a statue, okay?'' Her father reminded her.

'' Daddy, are you gonna get your picture taken too?'' She asked.