Chapter ~11~

Justin's pov:

Its the next day and my mom is getting her surgery today. I'm nervous when though I'm sure she'll be okay. She's strong.

Raegan and I are driving to the hospital. We both stayed home from school since my mom said it was fine yestarday. I'm driving while he's in the passenger seat on his phone. The music is on very low.

"Thanks for staying with me today Rae. I appreciate it." I say. I see in the corner of my eye he looks at me.

"Of course." He smiles. We get to the hospital and go inside. The lady at the desk says hi to us and we walk dwon the hallway. Rae grabs my hand.

"Liz?" I see her standing in front of her door.

"Hey boys." She smiles.

"What are they doing?" I ask.

"They are making sure she is able to get the surgery. But she's doing good."

"That's good to hear. I was a wreck all night." I mess with my hair.

"Yeah no need to worry sweety." She nods smiling. Her room door opens the the doctor comes out with her in a wheelchair.

"She's ready." He says. I bend down and hug her.

"You're going to do great. See you soon mom, love you."

"I love you too Justin."

"Good luck Mrs. Blake. You got this." Rae leans over me smiling.

"Thank you Raegan."

"Liz, Thank you for caring so much about me. You're a lifesaver." My mom looks at Raegan's aunt.

"Of course, you're my best friend. You're going to do great." He smiles. Liz leans down to hug her.

"Are we ready?" The doctors asks. We all nod.

"Ok, let's go." The doctor starts wheeling her down the hall where she will get her surgery. Rae hugs me around my waist from behind. I lean against him.

"Man I love your mom Justin, but you two are so cute." She says. I laugh.

"Thanks Liz." Rae kisses my cheek. My cheeks get hot.

"Well, I'm going to be here the whole time." She says.

"How long will the surgery take?" I ask.

"About 2 hours, the doctor told me."

"Oh alright." I shrug.

"Why don't you and Rae go somewhere?" She asks. I turn my head and look at him. He's on his phone.

"Actually uh, Jay do you mind I go meet a friend? Him and I need to talk."

"Oh of course. Just come back later." I say.

"Definitly, I'll be back before she's done." He nods.

"Ok. Text me." I say. He comes closer and pecks my lips quick.

"You got it." He smiles. He walks away putting his phone in his pocket. I turn around and face Liz.

"Honestly, Raegan never told me he was gay." Liz laughs.

"He's bisexual." I say politely.

"Oh, well he never told me."

"Wow, that's nice of him." I laugh.

"I know right." She's so sweet.

~2 hours later~

I've been texting Raegan for a half hour now and he hasn't answered me. He hasn't even seen them. He said he had to talk a friend. Why isn't he seeing my messages. And why isn't he back yet? I would appreciate if he came back to see my mom out of surgery.

"Where Raegan?" Liz asks me.

"He's not seeing my texts." I say worried.

"I'll call him. Why don't you go and wait in your mom's room." She says. I nod.

"Okay." I walk down the hall. Her door is shut. I knock twice. It opens and one of her doctors smiles at me.

"Hey she's awake. Do you want to come see her?" He asks.

"Yes please." I nod. He lets me in. I go closer and she smiles. I hug her.

"I love you mom." I mummble.

"I love you Justin."

"How did it go?"

"Good. The doctors said it went great and I should have a good recovery." She smiles. We both turn to look at the door because of a knock. Liz.

"Kait." She says coming over.

"Hey Liz." She hugs her.

"I'm so glad it went good." Liz tells her. My mom nods, but then she looks confused.

"Where Raegan?" She asks. I listen for her answer also.

"I called him and he answered. He told me he was still at his friends house. I told him he should be here becuase it's Justin's mom and he just told me to leave him alone. Then he hung up." She shrugs.

"Wow." I nod. "Okay." I say.

"It's okay baby. As long as your here." My mom says.

"But he should be here. And he told me he would come back to see you." I say a little upset. She shrugs.

"When can you come home?" I ask.

"Tonight."

"Do you mind if I go find Raegan?" I ask her.

"Course not. Go ahead."

I smile and say bye to her. I always say by to Liz and told her I'll come back later. But she said she will take my mom home so I can just go home. I trust her to I agreed. I go into my car and pull out my phone. Raegan's contacts...and, Call!

I put the phone to my ear and wait. The ringing is constant, he's not picking up. I was about to hang up until,

"Hello?" Wow he answered.

"Raegan?" I ask.

"Yeah what's up Justin?"

"You are you kidding me? Did you not get my texts?"

"No I didn't look." He says.

"Rae you never came back."

"She's awake already?"

"Don't when start. It's been over two hours and you told me you'd back before that. And I know your aunt called and talked to you. But yet you still play dumb with me?" I ask.

"I'm sorry I had to talk with my friend."

"Whatever. Who even is this friend?" I ask.

"His name is...uh, Nathan. You don't know him."

"Well, don't bother worry now. Not that you would. See you whenever you come home." I say hanging up.

I feel like he's lying. But I shouldn't assume things. I would think he would come like he said he would. But I guess not.

I had no ideas for this book that's why It's been a few days but now I have a little idea :) hope you enjoyed