Into the Maze...

A/N:
I am going to edit bits of this chapter tomorrow because it's so bad because I'm shattered since I was at Parents Evening for three hours tonight!
Hope you guys enjoy if for now!

Thomas's POV:
I knew today was going to be a boring day from the minute I woke up and fell out of my hammock, face first into the mud. I was being trained by Clint today, the Keeper of the Med-jacks to see if I was any good at the job. I don't want to be a Med-jack, or a builder or anything else. I want to be a Runner. I don't care what Newt or Chuck says, and Y/N is thinking about it. I want to try to find a way out for everyone so we can go home, see our families and live normal lives. At least, that what I hope is outside the Maze.
But what if it's not? What if we just escape this horrible place and land into another one? Or end up in a worse place than here?
"That's impossible," I think to myself. "No where can be worse than this place."
Clint is showing me what all the different tools are that they have been given by the Creators in order to treat everyone in the Glade as best as they possibly can, even with our supplies running short. Thanks for that Teresa. On a long, metal framed table, are different sized knifes that Clint calls "scalpels", different sized needles and injections, bandages, plasters, scissors. You name it, it's on the table.
Suddenly, we hear small pitters and patters on the corrugated iron roof. They begin to get heavier and heavier, turning into thuds on the ceiling. Clint walks towards the main door to investigate, I follow behind him. The sky has become a light grey colour and the sun has been blocked out the what I remember as clouds. Clint holds his hand out into the fresh, cool air. A drop of water lands on his hand, then another, and another, and another. "Rain" I think to myself.
"Has it ever rained in the Glade before Clint?" I ask him. His face showing the same perplexed look as mine. He shrugs. "No, I don't think it ever has, but it's not good that it is." He replies. "I tell you, Greenie, it's the girl. Everything's been changing since she arrived." I open my mouth to protest, to say it's not Teresa's fault and to ask him why it's bad, but then I realise. Minho and Alby won't know what time it is to start making their way back to the Glade in time because there's no sun. The Keeper of the Runners, Minho, went out into the Maze earlier this morning with our leader, Alby, to investigate a dead Griever. Whatever one of those was.
Newt always tells me that I don't want to know, but I really do. According Thomas Y/N, they are half metal, half animal, a bulbous one at that. Apparently they have metal legs like a Spider, the metal tail like a Scorpion, but the body isn't like anything she's seen before or can remember seeing that is.
I really want to be out there right now in the Maze with them. Mapping and mesmerising it. Finding dead Grievers and maybe, just maybe, killing one myself with the poles that they used to banish Ben.
The rain lasts for about an hour before the sky and rain pressure finally becomes light enough that it is safe to go outside. All the Glader's, including Chuck, run towards the doors of Maze and begin to wait anxiously outside the entrance, waiting to see Minho and Alby make it out safely and get into the Glade before the doors close. Newt, Chuck and I are at the front of the doors, the rest of the Glader's behind us.
"Can't we send someone after them?" I ask, curiously but also worrying about Minho and Alby. I hear someone's large boots crunching on the stones behind me as they walk towards the doors.
"We can't. It's against Alby's rules, it's too dangerous. We can't risk loosing anyone else out there." The voice states. I recognise it immediately, the Greek like accent giving it away. It's Y/N. Newt, Chuck and I all turn our heads to look at her. She's wearing her usual clothing with an extra white hoodie that I soon realised is Newt's. Her hair is damp from the rain that is in the atmosphere above us. I don't even know what that word means, or what it.
"Atmosphere, hmmm, I wonder what that is." The thought appearing in my mind.
"Don't worry, love, they'll be back. You know it. Minho may be stupid, but not stupid enough to get stuck in the Maze during the night." Newt reassures her. My stomach twists into a knot. I want to be the one comforting Y/N, hugging her, kissing her, wrapping my arms around her waist like his gets to.
A sudden scream roars out from the Maze. The doors. They're closing. Newt points down to the end of the long corridor to the Glade.
"Look! There! At the end of the tunnel!" Newt informs us. Everyone starts to yell, but Minho isn't running, he's dragging Alby behind him, pulling him towards the doors. They're almost closed. But something is seriously wrong, what has happened to Alby.
"Somethings wrong!" I shout. This time, I wasn't wrong. Alby was injured, badly.
"They're not gonna make it." Newt says, his voice full of anxiety and worry. I can tell that he is scared from his friend, for his leader. But I can't tell that he's also scared that if Alby dies, he won't be able to look after the Glader's like he does. The Glader's are yelling at Minho to let go of Alby. To leave him behind. To save himself. But he won't. He's too important to leave him behind to the Grievers. I hear Y/N shouting her brothers name next to me, pleading him to hurry, to save himself. The doors are only a metre apart. In the spur of the moment, I run into the doors of Maze. Newt tries to grab my arm but misses, and I run into the Maze. The doors slamming shut behind me. I hear Y/N scream for her brother from the other side. Her scream is powerful and it knocks us all off our feet, including Minho. Her voice is full of pain and worry. She's scared, really scared. I turn to face Minho, his face is looking at me with despair. He seems saddened that he's trapped with me, until he speaks and I know why he's sad.
"Good job. You just killed yourself."

—————————————————————————————————————————
Hey guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it's so bad and so short, I had Parents Evening for three hours tonight so I'm so tired. So this is the final chapter for tonight because I'm shattered.
The next chapter is Minho and Thomas's night that is spend alongside the Grievers inside the Maze. That should be coming out later today, (06/03/2018)!
Hope your enjoying the book so far!
See ya later guys!
~ Emily 😁