2 - Alec

I threw my desk across the room, screaming as I did so. How the fuck could my parents be so fucking selfish. I was their child too. Not just her. If that wasn't bad enough she was bringing Her. I had said goodbye to Her five years ago because I was promised I would never be tempted by Her again. I couldn't go through it all again

I sank onto my bed, my breathing heavy. If I thought about Her I could still see Her pale skinned ovular face which was framed by a mane of red and decorated with eyes that were pools of violet. Her dressed in her usual flannel shirts or vest tops and wearing dark blue jeans. And if I really, really thought about her I could still smell Her scent of rose and I could hear the bells in Her laughter. And if I got lost in thought, I could feel Her almost as if She were next to me. I could feel Her kiss. I could feel Her breath on my skin.

I sighed. Worse. I could smell Her blood.

As if on cue, my throat burned. It burned as it always did when I thought of Her. She was the drug I couldn't escape, my own personal opiate. Maybe I didn't want to escape from Her. I didn't. But I had to. Despite my wishes, I looked down. Another reminder. I fought so hard but my desire won, I stared at my finger and my breath caught. The silver ring was on my right ring finger. The silver ring with the feather. The feather I calved. Her feather.

I could escape her. Her. She. The girl. It was no use. There was no avoiding Her name.

"I guess I'll see you soon Alice Roslin."