12 - Alec

I had studied each quiver of her face as I spoke. She was scared and I knew she would run after this. Maybe she was scared of me, maybe she wasn't but I could live with myself if anything happened to her. There was some pain even we couldn't bare.

"Yes," she whispered finally.

"What?" I choked.

"Yes I still want to be with you," she repeated, "God I know what this is or what will happen!" She kissed my knotted flesh, "But I don't want to be apart from you. Not now that I know what we have been through. Especially not now."

I smiled breathlessly, "You still want to stay?"

"If you will let me move in with you," she replied.

"Yes!" I whispered.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. I leant in to kiss her and caught a whiff of her too pure blood. The smell was over powering me. I could feel my whole body heating up as I fought to restrain myself against the urge to drink. I hadn't done so since yesterday afternoon. My skin burned as I saw the sun slowly breaking, fracturing orange in the grey sky. My skin singeing like an electrical fire. My slight resistance was failing me now due to having a lack of blood. Realising this, Alice grabbed me and pushed me onto the ground, out the glare, while she fumbled to close the blind. Closing it at last, she placed my head on her lap as I felt my body shaking and convulsing to the point I no longer had control. I screamed.

"Alec! Shhhhh. Shhhhh. It will be ok. Shhhhh," She whispered to me.

I gasped for breath as I felt my throat tightening, the limited light fade as I fought for each breath. I fought to not close my eyes, the smell of her delicious blood pulling me back. Barely conscious, my eyes stared dead straight at the ceiling as the convulsing stoped. Slowly Alice's face moved into view.

"Alec?" she whispered.

I followed a tear as it rolled down her cheek. I felt it splash onto my own. This sparked something within me and I immediately jumped and ran to the opposite side of the room. My breathing heavier now as I desperately fought the urge for blood. All I could picture was her neck in my grasp and my teeth sinking...

"Alec?" She took a step closer.

"Alice! Stay away!" I commanded.

She took another step, "No!"

"I said STAY AWAY!" I shouted, "Please I'm begging you. I'm hungry and I don't want to hurt you."

She took another step. And another. And another. The aroma of the sweet nectar that flowed throughout her body getting stronger with each step and I fought harder to control myself. I shook my head and blinked, fighting the fantasy of drinking from her like a fountain. Her sweet blood filling every urge in me.

"Alec! I trust you."

I looked up at her and she was in front of me. She took my hand in my own and clasped her fingers around mine. I moaned as I could now feel the circulation of her blood as well as smell it's scent. I needed blood. I would rather face being burnt than hurt her.

"Alec you need blood," She said quietly, "And blood I will give you.

"No!" I said harshly, fear consuming me, "Alice ... please don't give me... your blood. I won't be....be able to control myself. I will keep going until .....you're dead!"

The thought of drinking from her, even if she offered, killed me inside. I fell onto all fours onto the floor, weakened and choking on my own tighten throat. I heard her rummaging in my draws, screaming words at me that I could no longer hear. My back was failing as she dropped beside me. I could no longer speak. I looked up at her to tell her to leave but instead she had a dagger. I tried to cry out, tell her no, but nothing would come. She scored across her arm three times. Each time she did, she cried in pain. She placed her arm in front of me and I watched the dark gold liquid drip out of her body. I cried out as I turned away from the scene. The smell was overwhelming. I felt like a sober addict smelling heroine cooking again. I couldn't last much longer. I wasn't strong enough.