10 - Alice

I slowly blinked in the harsh light. My body and mind felt drained from the marathon of activity last night. I couldn't help but look around the room and laugh. The only think that was still intact was the wardrobe. It seemed like Alec had done his best to clear up as one of the cabinets was missing and half the desk was gone, likely because both had cracked and splintered.

I smiled as I settled back into the bed. It had been so strange, the minute I saw his ring I knew he was the lover I had been dreaming about. He had been weird because somehow he knew I had forgotten him. For the first time, I had had a moment of clarity and the dream was complete. Alec was the missing part. As we progressed, it was like he was showing me snippets of our part lives together from his point of view. There was one of us in a field with me in a green wool dress. Another was in a theatre, likely in the Elizabethan period, where I was in a box above the stage with Alec watching me rather than the play. The there was during World War Two where we were in an underground station, I was crying because I couldn't save anyone, not without revealing myself. Alec had held me. The saddest one was him watching me through a cafe window. It was during the seventies and I had a child on my lap, my red haired draping over the child's sandy hair...

"You sleep ok?"

I was brought back by Alec. I nodded, "Best in a while."

He climbed back onto what was left of the bed with me and kissed my forehead. I studied him for a moment and smiled, "Did we do this?"

He shrugged, "Yep."

We looked at each other. We burst out laughing. The bed sheet just about covered what needed to be covered on the both of us but we didn't cares. His body was so cold against me, was that a normal Angel thing? Regardless, I snuggled closer into him as he wrapped his arm around me and gently stroked my lower back in small circles. Then it dawned on me.

"Oh God," I said

"What?" he asked, concern heightening in his voice.

"I can't believe I had unprotected sex with you!" She said.

I looked up at him and giggled. I felt like a stupid school girl, something in a teen movie. Alec sighed in relief then smiled back. His face then fell before he face palmed. Something had dawned on him.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Jesus I'm a fucking idiot!" He cursed.

"Why?"

"Do you feel ok?" He asked, his face dead serious.

"How do you mean?" I asked

"Did I hurt you?" He asked finally.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Alec the only thing you hurt is the bedroom. I fine and feel great." And then I thought about something, "Was this our first time? Were you my first?"

Alec swallowed, "No this isn't our first time. But I was your first." He snorted, "That's how you know what I like and I know what you like."

I smiled weakly, "There is something else bothering me." I exhaled, "Do I have a baby?"

He looked at me seriously, "Where the hell did you get that from?"

"Well, when we had sex I saw a .... a .... a vision for lack of a better word. It was from your point of view," I explained, "It was the seventies and you were watching me in a cafe. I had a little boy on my lap and I was playing with him. I could feel your jealousy and anger so I wondered..."

"If you had a child?" He finished. He snorted, "That was my first assumption at the time."

"So I don't?" I questioned cautiously.