Chapter 4

Autumn

"Omg I can't believe he invited us to the party!" Emily squealed.

"I know right! Just imagine all the hot guys that are going to be there!" Amy squealed as well.

"Including Jason!" Emily said.

I rolled my eyes as they squealed like piglets begging for food. "Would you guys shut up already?"

They rolled their eyes back at me and said, "No!" Then they went back to all the guys they think is going to be there as they put their make-up on.

"I don't know if I can even go." I told them.

"What?! Why?!" Amy and Emily said in unison.

"Because-"

"Autumn! I'm home!" my mom called from downstairs.

Emily and Amy's eyes widened.

"I thought your mom was at work!" Amy said.

"She's off today, she was just grocery shopping." I explained.

"Autumn?!" my mom called again.

"I'll be right back." I told my friends and went downstairs. "Hey mom."

"Oh, there you are." My mom said, setting the groceries down on the counter in the kitchen. "Are Amy and Emily here?"

"Yeah, they're upstairs." I told her.

"Oh, okay. Well you can go back up to them, I'll just put these away." My mom said, taking food out if the bags.

"Well..." I started, not sure how to ask her. "I actually wanted to ask you something."

"Oh? What is it?" she asked.

"Um... well, there's this party tonight at a friend's house and I was wondering if, maybe, I could go?"

"Yeah, sure. Just don't be out too late." She said casually.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah." She said. "I know you can take care of yourself, and you haven't given me any reason to not trust you. I know you'll be responsible enough to not get into any trouble."

"Okay, thanks mom." I said, still surprised.

"So?!" they both said at once as soon as walked thrugh my bedroom door.

"She said I could go."

~~

Amy and Emily dressed me like a little girl dressing a Barbie doll. Well, they didn't dress me. I dressed myself, but they picked out my outfit and were acting like a child playing with Barbies.

The outfit they chose for me was a black, long sleeved crop top that said "Geek" on it, black high waisted shorts, and they tried to get me to wear black wedges, but I declined the idea and chose to wear my black Converse instead.

I fixed my side braid, since it got messed up when I changed my clothes, and put hair spray in it so it wouldn't fall apart. Then I was ready to go.

~~

I had to wait about an hour for Amy and Emily to get ready, since they had to make sure their hair and make-up was done to perfection. When we were all ready, Emily grabbed her car keys and we headed out.

"We're going to the party now, mom bye!" I called out to her as we made our way to the door.

"Bye sweetie!" my mom said right before I closed the front door.