Life 13

Life.

Next day everyone was in Jah's living room just jammin, it was like their "Sabbath" they didn't even talk about hurting people, they were all jammin' playing PS3. I stayed in our room fiddling with my phone and texting Aisha, this girl I met randomly in that run down house. Ruby text me she was at the station, and I text her what bus to take. I was kind of ready, I just need to sneak out, because Jah won't like my outfit, I hate dressing like one of his boys, I feel dull. I got my phone and some money, and slowly and quietly evacuated the flat. I took the lift down and walked around, everyone was happy. Kids were out, at least it was a happy day, no crime. I went to the bus stop and waited. Some girls were making a lot of noise, and talking shit! They kept looking at me and shouting, it was pointless. I sat there waiting, a few minutes later the W3 came and she came off, she looked nice.

"Hiya!" She waved and hugged me, she even kissed my cheek. Wow.

"Kool, let's go." I laughed. She linked my arm, she was so different to Beth, like she spoke a lot and spoke about fashion, and shops, and stuff like that, I was like what the fuck?

"So they had these beautiful bow made of lace in some boutique for 50 quid, I couldn't decided on what colour, so I bought both!" I nodded slowly.

"So you use them?"

"Yeah, this is the black one." She pointed at the big bow in her red hair, she actually dyed the whole thing bright red.

"It's nice." I smiled.

"Of course." She smiled and looked at girls who walked past.

"Wow they need a new make over, how can you walk out the house like that, I wouldn't even dress like that to volunteer for a charity organisation." She shook her head. I laughed and told her to shh. She giggled and wanted to know about Josh.

"Okay erm, he's abit stupid, not in a bad way like he's a bit weird, so he talks loads when you're alone, just answer him and he'll be happy. You can chat about his nose, but don't over do it." She nodded slowly.

"He likes chatting about his sister so ask about family. Don't ask about his mum, I repeat don't think about even asking about his mum. Just don't do it." She nodded.

"He likes long legs, so you've passed, and he likes people to laugh and be happy, so don't act scared," She nodded again. "Oh and show interest."

"Okay. I bought him these. As a welcoming present." She brought out a Marks and Spencer bag, my eyes widened. She brought butterscotch toffee sweets.

"What the fuck Ruby?"

"It's being nice maaaaan!" She said, it sounded so funny, she was so different to her sister. Beth just acted like a white girl. Ruby took it to new levels, and she was posh, they all were but she was posh to an extent you can't outrun her with your insults, you'd look stupid, because she just gave that "your dumb" look. She should be a front cover model for vogue, she's pretty.

"So what's your boyfriend like?" She smiled, my eyes widened.

"Erm, pretty much normal." I laughed to myself.

"Yay." She said. If only she knew. She's run yards, thinking Joshua was like that.

"I hope you and Joshua go out, I've never seen him with a chick, this is exciting."

"Yeah, I'm scared though."

"Don't be, he's alright." I smiled and we got to our block, I took her in and she got scared when she saw Lil' Shane, he nodded at me, I smiled and walked past.

"Come on Ruby, he's my man's cousin, he don't bite. He's bloody 13."

"What's with his eyes?" I shrugged.