Life 20

Life.

"I need you to just help me."

"Mary fuck off!" I shouted, she cried and looked at me. She looked quiet normal, not rough or nothing.

"I need to talk to Perry." I sighed and walked off.

"Please!" She begged.

"Go see him then."

"He'll kill me if I go see him alone, please," She sniffed, I sighed and looked at her for long.

"I'm so sorry Jahmiah, I didn't mean to hurt you." I looked down there was no bump, I sighed deeply, she looked down and bit her lip.

"What happened?" I said, about to switch. She wiped her eyes and stared into mine, I looked away and waited.

"Pre-mature birth, she's in intensive care." She said and gulped, tears ran down her face and my heart was breaking for her, I know if that was mine I'd look past anything to just put her back together for the child.

"She?" I said pullin her to the side, she nodded, but kept her head down. I didn't say nothing, I took her in the lift and pressed the Ground floor button. We went down and she followed me to the back, I pushed the door and the boys were jammin there with some chicks.

"Perry." I said. He turned around and his smile was wiped off his face, the boys looked and started laughing, I looked back at Mary and she covered her face.

"AYE SHUT UP!" I shouted angrily, they all coughed and looked away. "Perry come here." I said and grabbed Mary's arm and went back in the flat. He came in screwing her.

"Mary talk." I said and leaned on the windowsill watching the boys fuck about with these nasty skets.

"TALK THEN!" He shouted, I gave him some nasty look, he looked away. She wiped her eyes and sniffed.

"She's in intensive care, she was premature, but I don't think she's gonna make it, I was only 5 months into the pregnancy," She said quietly. I watched his reaction, as usual, the wasteman that we all are, that emotion of "I don't give a fuck" was upon his face.

"So?"

"So it would be good if she saw her daddy." He laughed in her face and I just watched.

"I don't need to see no fucking baby, it ain't mine, fuck off." He went back outside and she turned around and walked away.

"May." I walked after her.

"It's okay! I'm fine! I'll do it on my own!" She shouted crying. I grabbed her hand, and turned her, I wiped her eyes and hugged her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, it's mine." She whispered. I kissed her forehead and stared in her eyes.

"What's her name?"

"I haven't got one for her, all I want Jah is for her to be okay. I have nothing else, so I need my little girl, I can start afresh with her." She cried harder.

"Don't cry May." I wiped her eyes.

"What do I do? I shouldn't have even-" She stopped and looked at me, I shrugged.

"It doesn't matter man." I smiled at her. She nodded and backed away.

"I'm gonna go now, see you around." She hugged me and kissed my lips, she let go and walked out through the front. I didn't wanna look back and go after her so I walked to the back, and went out. They all went quiet and looked at me. I was too pissed off to chat to these people, I kissed my teeth and walked back into the flat and outside. I stood there fuming over Pez's stupidity, Asha came out her house and smiled at me.