How to deal with Shaytan's evil thoughts.

الحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله

🌹

🌚السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته 🌚

_____

For those who have doubts, this is surely not the first or the last time that the believers have been exposed to that issue, particularly to the Muslims. And it will continue as long as there is any believer in this world. So don't you ever feel lonely because I have faced this myself, I'm sure others also did, even some of the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) also faced this problem. So please get ready and read carefully to this particular Hadith. [1]

Some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said to him with deep stress saying:

"Ya RasullAllah , sometimes we have these thoughts, and we hate having these thoughts! We would never dare to speak of them; we just want them to go away!"

If it is well understood, we can clearly see that they don't like having these thoughts, they're not entertained in having these thoughts either which is pretty understandable. Just put yourself in their shoes; when you're having these thoughts but can't get them out of your mind, when you don't speak of them and just wish they'd go away but they keep on coming back and harassing us, it is pretty irritating, isn't it?

The Prophet (SAW) said,  'Are you really suffering from that?'

'Yes.' They (RA) said.

He (SAW) said, 'That is a clear sign of faith.' Meaning what? Al Hamdoulillah that you're dealing with it that way, Allah Wills rewards you for the guilt you feel for having those waswasahs because that is actually a sign of Iman in it of itself.

Understand that shaytaan is always going to whisper but the fact that you're not allowing those whispers itself to turn into actions is a sign of clear and pristine faith. Subhan'Allah.

_____

In another hadith [2], narrated from Ibn 'Abbas (RA) that a man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said "I think thoughts to myself, which I would rather be burnt to a cinder than speak of them."

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Praise be to Allah, Who has reduced all his [the Shaytaan's] plots to mere whispers." Meaning he can't do anything to you but whispers.

Hasan Al Basri (RA) said that when shaytaan gives upon leading you astray all he got left are whispers. So as long as you let itstays there and don't allow it to penetrate your actions, don't think Allah isgoing to punish you for your thoughts because as long as you don't speak of itor act in accordance with it, having these thoughts are okay. In fact Allah is goingto Reward you for the way you dealt with those thoughts.

So do not kill yourself because of those whispers, you're going to be fine. This is normal, everyone has gone through it, and it is just about how you deal with it!

Do not also mind about the devil even if it takes your positives moments and tries to spoil them, like when you're looking around and you're admiring the creation of Allah, and he comes to you and say

"Who created this"? And you say "Allah"!

And he goes again "Who created this"? You say "Allah" until he says, "And who created Allah"?

The Prophet (SAW) said "If that happens to any of you, let him seek refuge with Allah and put a stop to these thoughts."

Or in another case, say "Amantu Billah" meaning "I believe in Allah" this'd send the shaytaan running.

You're far way stronger than him so please do not give up onto your good deeds. May Allah (SWT) Allows us to remain strong in our Faith.

Jazakallah Khair.

As Salamu Aleykum.

[1] (Muslim)

[2] (Abu Dawood)